• Offers the perfect combination of award-winning teaching, excellent facilities, and a fantastic student experience.
• Winner of Best Careers and Employability Service (NUE) Awards, UK 2021
Dubai-UAE - 11 October 2021: De Montfort University (DMU) Leicester has launched its operations from Dubai international Academic City, enhancing the presence of research and employability focused programs in the UAE as well as the global educational experience available to students from the region and beyond.
Founded in 1870, De Montfort University (DMU) Leicester has grown into a global institution with 26,000 students and 2,600 staff. The university expands in Dubai with job-focused postgraduate and undergraduate programmes. De Montfort University (DMU) Dubai will offer students a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses including law, psychology, cybersecurity, fashion communication and styling, interior design, business management, accounting and finance as well as a global MBA programme; just to mention few.
De Montfort University (DMU) Dubai is conceptualised with a purpose-built, independent campus building offering a wide range of facilities such as:
• 700-seating capacity auditorium
• State-of-the-art library with up-to-date books, journals and other essential research material
• Total of 2 conference rooms and 3 meeting rooms with HD videoconferencing facilities
• ICT laboratories with high-speed Wi-Fi across the campus
• Design and Fashion studios
• Engineering labs
• A modern gymnasium, indoor sports and student recreation centre
• Outdoor multi-purpose sports facilities
• Convenience store and beauty salon
• 300-seating capacity food court
• Separate male and female on-campus student accommodation
• Parking for over 300 vehicles
Simon Bradbury, Pro Vice-Chancellor International at De Montfort University said, “Our new campus in Dubai will cater to a global audience of students for many years to come. Along with our expansion, we look forward to DMU's upcoming role at Expo 2020 at the UK pavilion, operated by the government's Department of International Trade (DIT), to provide learning and research opportunities for students from around the globe, showcase our research and innovation through our award-winning staff, and establish our presence in the cosmopolitan city of Dubai. We look forward to connecting and welcoming international students and staff.”
The university's courses embed employability into the curriculum and the research feeds into students' learning. The university's careers and employability service was awarded the Best University Careers/Employability Service at the UK National Undergraduate Employability Awards in 2021.