Experience unique designs of furniture, fine objects, lightings, ceramics, glassware, tiles, and more at the Italian pavilion
Dubai, UAE – November 10, 2019: The sophisticated restraint and traditional inspirations of the Italian interiors and design industry have captured the imagination of design aficionados across the world for centuries. To highlight the fine aspects of Italian interior design, Italian Trade Agency (ITA) and CNA and Confartigianato (Italian Associations of Artisans and Small-Medium Enterprises) will showcase inspirational artifacts of 20 carefully selected Italian companies at ‘Italian Interiors: The Art of Italian Design' exhibition at Downtown Design, the region's leading design trade show, from 12-15 November 2019.
Downtown Design is today the most important trade show in the MENA region and, Italy is taking part in the event with one of the largest stands, to showcase the best examples of unique interior design elements, furniture, accessories and fine objects, epitomizing Italy's reputation for style and innovation. The furniture market in the GCC countries is worth USD 5.9 billion and Italian products and designs are very much appreciated in this market for their quality, innovation and exclusivity. In the artistically designed Italian pavilion, visitors will be able to discover contemporary Italian designs, Murano glasses, fine ceramics, stylish lightings, beautiful floor and wall coverings and a wide range of home accessories, carefully brought to perfection by master Italian craftsmen.
Design is a ubiquitous element of Italian culture and the aim of the Italian pavilion is to offer designers, builders, architects, suppliers and end users an opportunity to experience the attention to detail and quality of ‘Made in Italy' products. These include luxurious mosaics, marbles, items of glass furniture, finest Italian leather and fabric upholstery, crystal objects made using ancient blowing techniques, high-end fragrances for sensory experiences, mesmerizing designs made with ceramics and lava stone, fitness equipment in modern designs, avantgarde design pieces and more.
UAE's expanding hospitality sector and upcoming events such as Expo 2020 are driving the demand in the domestic interior design market. The furniture market in the UAE is worth USD 2.1 billion, and local production covers only 40% of the market. This is an opportunity for Italian companies as their contemporary, modern and distinct designs are well liked in this market. In 2018, UAE imported furniture from Italy worth USD 205 million. Italy, with 14%, maintains then the primacy of the top exporter among high-income countries.
List of exhibitors at the Italian pavilion:
1. Ciclotte - www.ciclotte.com
2. Cignini Arredamenti - www.cignini.it
3. Ever Life Design - www.everlifedesign.it
4. Fantini Mosaici I Marmi - www.fantinimosaici.it
5. Fiam Italia- www.fiamitalia.it
6. Futura Leathers - www.futuraleathers.com
7. Gruppo Gimo - www.gimo.it
8. Liu Jo Living Collection- www.atlgroup.it
9. Locchi- www.locchi.com
10. Locherber Milano - www.locherbermilano.com
11. Mabele by Ma-Bo - www.mabele.it
12. Made a Mano - Rosario Parrinello - www.madeamano.it
13. Mitohome by Marinelli - www.mitohome.com
14. Morici - www.moricimarconi.it
15. Pinetti - www.pinetti.it
16. Teckell - www.teckell.com
17. Vetrofuso di Daniela Poletti - www.vetrofuso.it
18. Vetrogiardini - www.vetrogiardini.com
19. Wave Murano Glass - www.wavemuranoglass.com
20. Zigflex by Salvadori - www.zigflex.com