In support of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice-President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai and the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE), Majid Al Futtaim Properties' three Dubai shopping malls: Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre will be offering a special round-the-clock program of entertainment, activities and services offering residents and tourists the most exciting, convenient and memorable ‘Eid in Dubai'.
One of the biggest attractions will be the exciting opportunity to win a share of the total AED 1 million jackpot being given away as hourly prizes at each mall. Celebrating the extended weekend timings, Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre will be giving away cash prizes of AED 2,000 each hour – with a special ‘Midnight Madness' marathon from 12 midnight to 6am during which the prize lottery doubles to AED 4,000! In total, the malls will be giving away AED 1 million in cash prizes, highlighted by three major prize-winning weekends in this extraordinary Eid promotion.
Deira City Centre
October 18-November 3
• LOVE Art exhibition featuring 70 photos from the Emirates Diving Association
• Kids Activity Workshop with arts and crafts from 2:00pm – 10:00pm on weekdays, and 2:00pm to 12 midnight on weekends
• Roaming Entertainment – mascots and a musical band on weekends
Mall of the Emirates
October 18 – November 2
• Eid Carnival – Shows & Parade: Daily shows starting 4:00pm – 10:00pm on weekdays and 7:00pm – 2:00am on weekends
Mirdif City Centre October 18 – November 2 (Excluding October 24th)
• Red Clowns Roaming Entertainment bringing a magical world of music and dancing complete with acting and comedy performances. Daily at 8:00pm, 10:00pm, 12:00am
• Hip Hop Dance performers showing off their street and commercial dance styles – combining elegant acrobatics with modern hip-hop music.Daily 9:00pm, 11:00pm, 1:00am
• Majlis hospitality tent for guests to relax and enjoy complimentary coffee and sweets. Weekdays 10:00am to 10:00am; Weekends: 10:00am to 2:00am
• Roaming Musical Parade of a lively jazz brass band originating from France. Daily shows at 2:00pm, 4:00pm and 6:00pm.
Not to be forgotten, Ajman and Sharjah City Centre are inviting families from the community join in the Eid celebrations.
• Kid's workshops and face painting activities: Children of all ages can get creative by participating in jewellery or toy-making; creating their own summer hat; having their face painted like their favourite character or animal; sand art; clay modelling; paper origami making; constructing musical maracas; or putting together a colourful chain bracelet. Daily from 4pm until 10pm.
Eid in Dubai start on October 18th and continue for just over two weeks, ending on the early morning of November 4th. Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre will support the Dubai Government's 24-hour initiative across the following three weekends as follows:
• Open from 10:00am on Thursday October 18th continuously to 1:00am on Sunday October 21st
• Open from 10:00am on Thursday October 25th continuously to 1:00am on Sunday October 28th
• Open from 10:00am on Thursday November 1st continuously to1:00am on Sunday November 4th
During the weekdays, all stores will be open a minimum of 10:00am – 1:00am daily with dining outlets open from 10:00am – 3:00am.