April 13, 2019 - Dubai, UAE
Planning your trip to UAE? Have your luggage ready and packed? Want to make sure your trip goes smoothly with no problems? Then you should think about your security. Yes, we know that Dubai is one of the safest countries in the world. However, when it comes to digital data security, there are no 100% safe nations. Therefore, it is critically important for you to think about the ways of ensuring that you are on a safe side.
Data Safety in UAE
Computer security is always important, no matter if it comes to government espionage, bank information leakage, serious breaches of confidentiality, or even cyber spying on your digital life. As an Internet traveler, you often face data security problems even without being aware of their existence. Instead of your password-protected home or corporate network, you are forced to use public Wifi in airports, train stations, cafes, and hotels, or even shared computers. All these pose threats to your security. Of course, the best vpn for UAE is difficult to find, but let's take a look at its main features and technical characteristics.
Problems Using the Internet in UAE
There may be many different problems associated with Internet use abroad, among the main issues are the following ones:
- Unsafe networks (wifi) can help hackers infect users' devices with trojans or other malicious software;
- Data connections via free WiFi networks can be used to monitor or damage user personal data;
- When accessing “sensitive” websites (for example, bank accounts), geographic blocks can block users with foreign IP addresses;
- Television stations refuse to transmit live television or even video for foreign Internet users;
- Government surveillance bodies can track users (which is especially felt in Dubai and other Arab countries);
- Access to popular news services or social networking sites (Facebook, YouTube) can be blocked.
What Can Be a Solution?
With the help of the VPN service, all the above problems can be avoided, no matter where you are in at the moment. This makes it safer for you to use the Internet in public networks, bypassing geographic barriers and preventing surveillance. All in all, the VPN will ensure your absolute traveling safety.
Advantages of VPN Services Abroad
Free networks abroad are potential sources of danger for the devices connected to them. Although WIFI channels seem secure, administrators can do almost anything they want with the devices within the line. This makes the WiFi network the perfect platform for hackers.
If you have never used the services of this kind and have no idea of how you can avail of having a VPN “on,” there are some interesting facts for you to consider.
- An encrypted VPN connection backs up the data to your device and then unobtrusively and securely transfers it to the selected destination server. Attackers targeting your info will no longer have a chance;
- The service allows you to bypass local locks abroad;
- In the UAE, many websites and Internet services are blocked. These include popular services such as Whatsapp, Skype, YouTube or even Facebook. If you want to use these, you need to create a VPN connection to the servers outside the country;
- Through the VPN service, your data are encrypted outside the country, and you can use the Internet just like you are at home;
- The VPN service allows you to access internal content without geographic blocking;
- Using the VPN service, you connect to the country of your choice and later use the IP address of this location; as a result, you will no longer be recognized as a foreign user.
Instructions: How to Use VPN Services Abroad
First of all, you need to select a service. There are not only huge differences in prices. However, every provider has its own features/ applications that suit your devices. Therefore, you should pay special attention to the platform you choose.
What features you should look for in a VPN:
- Does the VPN service provide a remote location in your country?
- Is the solution compatible with all the devices you want to use?
- Can you simultaneously run the program on multiple devices with no extra charge?
- Can you order the service for the required period? Or do you need to pay a lot for a long subscription?
What you need to do to use a VPN smartly:
- Order the VPN service on the official provider's website;
- Log in to the system with your access data on the supplier's website;
- Download access software to your devices and install it;
- Log in to the system with user credentials;
- Select the VPN location in the application (home country) and connect;
- Now all data from your device will be reliably and securely transferred to the selected VPN location.
From this point in time, there is no need for you to worry about the potential risks of cyber attacks since absolute data protection is guaranteed.