Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding hosts for SIKKA Art Fair 2018
Dubai, UAE, March 08, 2018: If you are heading to the SIKKA Art Fair this year and want a taste of genuine Emirati culture in the historical neighbourhood of Al Fahidi, be sure to visit SMCCU. The centre is hosting various activities and an exhibition from 17th - 26th March. Details and timings as follows:
The sikka/alleyway of House 47 will be transformed into an Emirati vintage coffee shop taking guests back in time with traditional coffee and tea and old-style board games, an Emirati calligrapher and a henna artist. Dubai Drums will be present as will a photobooth for guests to dress up in UAE traditional wear, and SMCCU will also be offering complimentary Emirati snacks, pastries, Arabic coffee and dates, daily.
Jessica Watson-Thorp will be displaying her exhibition called ‘Masjid'. In conjunction with her theme, SMCCU will be hosting complimentary mosque tours by its knowledgeable and experienced Emirati presenters. Guests will be able to learn more about the UAE culture as well as Islam from inside the Diwan mosque.
Timing & Dates - 17 March – 26 March 2018
- Saturday 17 March 2018 / Opening Night: 6 pm – 11:00
- Sunday 18 March 2018 - Wednesday 21 March 2018: 6pm – 10pm
- Thursday 22 March 2018: 6pm – 11pm
- Friday 23 March 2018: 5pm – 12am
- Saturday 24 March 2018: 5pm – 11pm
- Sunday 25 March 2018 - Monday 26 March 2018: 6pm – 10pm
- Tuesday 27 March 2018 / Closing 6pm – 11pm