Global software-industrial company to present advanced IIoT-ready solutions reducing downtime and lowering operating costs at region's most influential oil and gas event
Plants can potentially unlock profit increases of up to $26m per year using Honeywell's industry leading technology*
Dubai, United Arab Emirates – November 12, 2017: In line with its commitment to advance operational excellence in regional industries, global software-industrial leader Honeywell (NYSE: HON) will present its ‘Honeywell Connected Plant' offering at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (ADIPEC) from 13-16 November, 2017.
Honeywell Connected Plant helps manufacturers operate their plants more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably by leveraging the power of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The company's broad range of smart technologies showcased at ADIPEC can maximize plant throughput and yields by seven percent, improve plant availability by two percent, and ultimately deliver a potential annual profit increase of up to $26m*. Aside from advanced software, the showcase also features connected solutions to promote worker safety along with physical and cyber security platforms. These include industry-leading gas detection as well as early warning systems and tech¬nology to manage crises and mitigate risk.
“Oil and gas organizations in the Middle East are focused on optimizing asset performance and safety in a way that increases profitability across the entire enterprise, and we recognize that making intelligent use of data is crucial to staying competitive,” said Norm Gilsdorf, president, Honeywell Middle East, Russia, Turkey & Central Asia. “At Honeywell, we leverage the power of IIoT through advanced software to connect the entire plant operation – from workers to infrastructure – enabling it to perform more intelligently and eliminating unnecessary cost, downtime and complexity. Honeywell has been supplying key technologies to support the global oil and gas industries for over 100 years, and we look forward to leading the ‘connected' conversation at ADIPEC 2017.”
Honeywell Connected Plant integrates the three core pillars of Connected Processes, Connected Assets, and Connected People. Through this approach, Honeywell ensures that operators have the ultimate tools to access and analyze data, in real time, to best understand the condition of their plant, people, and assets, making operations more reliable, profitable, and secure than ever before.
Visitors to Honeywell's stand (US Pavilion, Hall 7, Stand 7310) can experience several of Honeywell's products and solutions for oil and gas applications:
- The Experion® Orion Console increases situational awareness and enables faster response time to changing conditions, thereby improving productivity and unlocking value by streamlining operations and improving analytics and decision making to make people, process, and assets more effective.
- Honeywell UOP's Connected Plant Services (CPS), part of the Honeywell Connected Plant's family of cloud-based services, anticipates operational complications and offers real-time solutions to overcome them, thereby reducing unplanned downtime and improving underperforming assets. CPS customers have seen improvements in plant performance and increased profitability by over $0.30-0.50/bbl in Refining and $10-20/MT in Petrochemicals.
- Industrial Cyber Security Risk Manager is the first solution to proactively monitor, measure and manage cyber security risks for industrial environments. It consolidates complex site-wide cyber threat and vulnerability data into a single view for better visibility and improved decision-making, and extends users' ability to stay ahead of cyber threats in ways not previously possible.
- Safety solutions including the HS81-HS Industrial Fire and Gas Controller, that integrates detection, notification, and extinguishing functions for fire, gas and smoke hazards; and VESDA by Honeywell Xtralis, a very early warning aspirating smoke detection solution that provides the earliest possible warning of an impending fire threat, even in harsh environments.
- Connected security solutions for improved situational awareness including ADPRO PRO PIR (passive infrared) which detects moving targets by sensing temperature differences between them and the stationary background and Honeywell Xtralis' Video Content Analytics (VCA) suite of security software that includes IntrusionTrace, LoiterTrace and SmokeTrace analytic technology for visual confirmation of intrusion, loitering or smoke developing from a fire.
- ControlEdge™ PLC, when combined with Experion® Process Knowledge System (PKS), dramatically reduces integration costs for ancillary plant operations, minimizes downtime through unified support, decreases risk with embedded cyber security, and lowers total cost of ownership through extended system lifecycle.
- Honeywell's ConneXt Loneworker™ for field workers integrates wireless portable gas monitors and personal protective equipment with cloud-based, location tracking technology and software analytics, reliably keeping safety managers and lone workers connected all the time via cellular or satellite networks.
*Based on a medium-sized refinery in the US.