1. Overview :
- South Korea has been known as a country with cutting edge technology in consumer electronics, IT services market, software and hardware, and etc. In order to bring the newest high tech products to the GCC market, KOTRA (Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency) has teamed up with the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy (Korea), Ministry of SMEs and Startups (Korea), and National IT Industry Promotion Agency (Korea) to bring 49 companies to GITEX Technology Week 2017.
- KOTRA has been organizing Korea Pavilions at GITEX for 16 years in a row.
This year's program, however, separates itself from the past as Korea Pavilions will feature World Class Products of Korea Pavilion (Sheikh Rashid Hall. Visit www.kotrauae.com for introduction to World Class Products Pavilion) and Experience Korea Pavilion (Hall 3-4). Visitors can have firsthand experience on the newest and finest Korean Products.
- Call to arrange meetings with Korean Companies
2. Quote: A quote of KOTRA Middle East president on what Korea can offer to the UAE and GCC
- KOTRA has been in the UAE since 1976. Our office in Dubai not only focuses on the UAE, but also focuses on the MENA region. “We feel that Korean companies and the MENA businesses can partner up to take their businesses to the next level and become global competitors.
- Even with the internet and e-commerce becoming the new norm in business and trade, exhibitions are still one of the best platforms from which business can continue to build on their current partnerships, reconnect with past partners, as well as discovering new partners that can really catapult their business.
3. Company information
- Which companies are participating (the number of companies, main products)
- KOTRA is working with 49 companies this year. 25 companies will be in hall 3-4 and 24 companies will be in Sheikh Rashid Hall.
- What opportunities do the companies look for in the UAE and GCC
- Korean companies participating in trade shows in Dubai understand what this market means. They understand that the UAE is the business hub that connects all economies of the MENA region. Many times they will meet potential business partners from more than 10 counties during the 5 day event.
- Although there are many companies from emerging markets that are competing on the global stage, Korean companies are still confident that their high tech products and dedication to quality will win over the hearts of buyers and consumers.
- I think many businesses understand that the MENA market is a tough place to do business. However, they also understand that being successful in this market will provide them with much needed track record to not only penetrate the MENA market, but also other emerging and advanced economies.