- Collaborative smart building platform with open system architecture increases efficiency up to 30 percent, ensures optimal comfort for occupants
- Comprehensive integrated solution reduces overall cost of ownership with easy access to analytics, reporting
Dubai (UAE), Oct 1, 2017: Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced the introduction of EcoStruxure™ Building, an open, collaborative Internet of Things (IoT) platform for smart buildings that delivers significantly enhanced value across the building ecosystem. Utilizing the latest in digital technology and solutions, EcoStruxure™ Building is specifically designed to meet the requirements of building owners and occupants, real estate developers, system integrators and facility managers.
EcoStruxure™ Building is the latest addition to Schneider Electric's EcoStruxure™, its IoT-enabled plug-and-play open architecture that delivers end-to-end solutions in six domains of expertise – Power, IT, Building, Machine, Plant and Grid – for four end markets – Building, Data Center, Industry and Infrastructure. EcoStruxure™ is driving digital transformation for Schneider Electric clients globally, enhancing their competitiveness in today's digital economy. With an open architecture, developers, partners and customers can securely interact and share data via software development kits (SDKs) and application programming interfaces (APIs).
By 2020, nearly 30 percent of devices within buildings will be connected to the internet, providing significant opportunities for efficiency gains. An innovative, agile solution that combines tried and tested building management software with hardware, EcoStruxure™ Building enables users to gain valuable insights from building data to make building environments smarter, more secure and comfortable and up to 30 percent more efficient. By connecting everything from sensors to services, this comprehensive solution integrates key building systems such as energy, HVAC, lighting, fire safety, security and workplace management to make the most of new opportunities presented by the IoT.
Philippe Delorme, Executive Committee member and EVP of Building and IT Business at Schneider Electric, said: “Today, our customers have a significant opportunity to improve their buildings' lifetime efficiency, occupant comfort and productivity due to EcoStruxure™ Building. The proliferation of connected, intelligent systems and devices generates mountains of data that our customers and partners can now leverage, making building management as easy as ABC.”
EcoStruxure™ Building is designed to meet the unique needs of today's businesses with options to deploy on the cloud and/or on premise and the ability to readily scale from medium to large, multi-site building enterprises. In addition, EcoStruxure™ Building is backed by advanced cybersecurity and supports industry-standard IP-based open protocols to facilitate the secure exchange of data and analytics between critical building systems from Schneider Electric and third-party providers.
As the world's population continues to grow at an accelerated rate, global building stock will increase by 13 percent by 2024. This next generation of buildings will gradually become more electric and will need to operate smarter and more efficiently to handle increased demand from an ever-expanding occupant base. EcoStruxure™ Building reduces overall cost of ownership with easy access to analytics and reporting through a comprehensive smart building portfolio that includes:
- EcoStruxure™ Building Operation: integrates system and application data to make building operations easier to monitor, manage and optimize
- EcoStruxure™ Building Operation – Energy Expert: tracks power consumption, allocates billing costs and conserves energy
- EcoStruxure™ Security Expert: drives efficiencies through creating secure business environments that unify access control and intrusion detection
- EcoStruxure™ Fire Expert: saves time through providing immediate access to fire system data in the cloud
- EcoStruxure™ Building Advisor: continuously monitors building performance, proactively diagnoses issues and provides actionable intelligence that helps improve occupant comfort while lowering energy and maintenance costs by up to 30 percent
- EcoStruxure™ Workplace Advisor: optimizes facility usage through better understanding space utilization and making data-driven decisions that maximize real estate value and improve employee experience
- EcoStruxure™ Apps Studio: enables the development of sleek, secure mobile applications that ensure comfort through allowing occupants to easily control room temperature, lighting, blind movement and other user-related conveniences
Delorme added: “Today's organizations need actionable information in real time so they can make smarter decisions about how their buildings are run to create more productive, agile, collaborative working environments. EcoStruxure™ Building provides customers with easy access to a comprehensive smart building portfolio of solutions that drive measurable, impactful results required to succeed in today's fast-paced, always-on world.”
Boston Scientific, a global developer and manufacturer of medical devices, uses EcoStruxure™ Building Advisor to quickly pinpoint and troubleshoot operational issues and effectively implement energy efficiency and sustainability measures. Facilities staff leverage critical data from more than 1,000 pieces of equipment to identify and prioritize energy cost-saving actions and maintenance. Through taking a more informed decision-making approach, the company has reduced avoidable costs related to faults by 40 percent, including a 51 percent reduction in energy-related faults as well as a 49 percent reduction in faults causing improper zone conditions.
Additional customers that have benefitted from the power of EcoStruxure™ Building include The Edge – the world's most sustainable office building – as well as London's Moorfields Eye Hospital.