Flavoursome meals at your fingertips with India Gate
India Gate range of products are widely available throughout the GCC across all leading supermarkets & hypermarkets
October 06, 2021, Dubai, UAE: Flavourful food helms on exceptional quality ingredients, nutrition, and best-in-class safety. Enter India Gate, the finest Basmati Rice in the world. The brand is owned by KRBL Limited -- the world's largest rice producers, millers, and exporters.
The Basmati rice grain is meticulously grown in the Indo-Gangetic plain in the foothills of the Himalayan ranges. Fertile alluvial soil, fresh air and the sweet water contribute primarily to the unique characteristics associated with the grain. It is a remarkably long variety of rice and has a distinct aroma and discrete nutty taste. When cooked, the Basmati is longer, lighter and fluffier than standard white rice, and does not stick together.
Bearing in mind the varied demographic of the GCC region, India Gate's varied product range includes something for everyone. From the hugely popular India Gate range of Basmati Rice, Nur Jahan Basmati Rice to the natural health food range: India Gate Amaranth and Basmati Bran Oil, India Gate Chia Seeds, Quinoa and Flax Seeds along with, Sprouted Brown Basmati Rice and Brown Basmati rice.
Here are some easy recipes to follow for one and all:
FOR WORKING PROFESSIONALS ON THE GO!
Mushroom Quinoa Risotto (Italian)
Garlic - 1 tsp
Onion – half
Celery - 1 stem
Carrots - 1
Leek - 1 stem
Quinao – 1 cup
Fresh mushroom – 2-3
Dry mushrooms (porcini mushroom soaked in hot water) – 1
Stock – 2 cups
Mixed herbs – For garnish Salt and pepper – To taste
Parmesean / cream cheese / feta cheese – 1 tbsp
Micro herbs – For garnish
• In a pan, sautee the Mirepoix for a minute.
• Add the quinoa and sautee for another minute.
• Keep adding stock laddle by laddle till al dente.
• Add both the mushrooms to the quinoa.
• Cook for 2-3 minutes and season well with the mix herbs, salt and pepper.
• Lastly, add the cream cheese and switch off the gas
• Serve the Risotto pipping hot along with the garnish of some micro herbs. You can also make Parmesan crisps for garnishing.
FOR A QUICK PICK ME UP DURING THE DAY!
Strawberry Banana India Gate Chia Seed Smoothie
India Gate chia seeds - 2 tbsp
Frozen strawberries - 2 cups
Banana - 1
Diary skim fat-free milk - 1 cup
• Blend everything together and enjoy
FOR THAT MID-DAY SNACK CRAVING!
Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers
Quinoa – 100 gms
Vegetable broth – 125 ml
Whole-wheat bread – 2 slices
Chickpeas, drained and rinsed – 50 gms
Fresh coriander leaves – 15 gms
Cumin – 5 gms
Red chilli – 3 gms
Salt – To taste
Black pepper – To taste
Vegetable oil – 15 ml
Whole-wheat pitas for serving – 4
Salad greens, sliced avocado, sliced tomato and mayonnaise or yogurt for serving – Optional
• In a saucepan, bring quinoa and broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until all broth has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
• In a food processor, process bread until fine bread crumbs form. Add chickpeas, quinoa, cilantro, cumin, chilli, salt and pepper and process in short bursts until mixture is finely chopped.
• Shape mixture into 4 patties. Brush patties with oil and cook in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
• Serve patties with pitas and, if desired, greens, avocado, tomato and mayonnaise or yogurt.
FOR THOSE WITH A BIG APPETITE!
Brown Rice Nasi Goreng with Prawn Cracker
Brown rice – 200 gm
Sesame oil – 4 tsp
Fresh shrimp – 150 gm
Green onion – 120 gm
Sweet soy sauce / kecap manis – 6 tsp
Garlic cloves – 60 gm
Fresh red chili – 60 gm
Onion – 40 gm
Shrimp paste – 3 tsp
Shaved cucumbers -40gm
Red radish slices a few
• Wash and soak brown rice in cold water for 3 hours
• Cook it in a rice cooker and keep it in warm mode
• Heat oil in a large skillet or take a wok
• Add chili and garlic stir for a minute approximately
• Add onion and cook for another minute
• Add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes
• Add sweet soy or kecap manis and cook till shrimps are cooked through and a bit caramelized
• Add rice and shrimp paste and stir constantly on a high heat
• Add chopped green onion.
• Break an egg in a bowl and carefully shallow fry it on a non stick pan to make a fried egg.
• Fry shrimp cracker in hot oil till it becomes crisp
• Slice red radish in mandolin
• Cut cherry tomato into half
• Place rice in the centre and fried egg on top of it.
• Arrange crisp crackers, cherry tomato, red radish and shaved cucumbers on the side.