To Subscribe for daily updates click here|
| Recipes for 3 Dec 2016|
|Cuisine : Ramadan Special 3|
1 medium eggplant Boiling water
1 1/2 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup salad oil or olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 medium green pepper cut in
1 tomato skinned and chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried basil or I teaspoon fresh chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or
1 teaspoon fresh chopped
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 Cup bread or corn flakes crumbs
2 tablespoons butter
1. Wash eggplant and cover with boiling water. Add I tablespoon of the salt and boil 20 minutes. Turn it several times to cook evenly, since it will ride on the top of the water. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2. Peel the eggplant and cut in 1/4-inch cubes.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet and lightly saute the onion. Stir in the eggplant, green pepper, tomato, basil, oregano, remaining V2 tablespoon salt, and pepper.
4. Place in a greased medium casserole, cover with crumbs, and dot with butter.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven about 30 minutes, or until well-browned.
|To Subscribe for daily updates click here||