Travelspeak Winners! Mafraq Hotel winners declared!
Here's the GoDubai essential checklist for all travelers! You could take a print out of this list and tick off the items you have packed.
Travelspeak! Submit your views & suggestions and win a GoDubai Tshirt!!
GoDubai Essential Checklist!
- Towel (not a bulky one!)
- Belts (not more than 2)
- Handkerchief (or you could go for tissues)
- Scarves (if you are visiting a windy/cold place)
- Night wear (pajamas/nightie)
- Raincoat/umbrella (especially if you're visiting India in the monsoons!)
- Shoes (not more than 2)
- Bathroom slippers (1)
- Ties (in case you need to dress formally)
- Accessories - jewellery
- Toiltetries bag
- wash cloth
- toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss
- soap with soap dish
- shampoo sachets
- skin cleanser
- feminine towels
- shaving kit
- small mirror
- Anticeptic cream
- Band aid
- Calamine Lotion
- Cotton Swabs
- Diarrhea Medicines - antibiotic (norfloxacin), antiparasite, ORS
- Indigestion Medicines
- Insect Repellant
- Chap stick
- Pain releiver - aspirin (Panadol for UAE residents - its cheap, safe and effective)
- Motion sickness medicines
- Water purification tablets/drops
Sewing kit - should include safety pins
- Address book
- ATM card, credit card
- Driver's license
- Cash, cheque book
- Keys (house, luggage)
- Passport/Visa and one photo copy
We welcome your suggestions.
Submit your views/tips/suggestions and win a GoDubai Tshirt
- Always carry some US Dollars in your wallet, especially of higher denominations. They come handy since they are universally accepted.
- Always carry a pen with you. This saves you the trouble of waiting your turn to borrow a pen from the counter, if you are filling in official documents.
- You might need to remember to carry your diabetic tablets.
- While packing "Knick Knacks" - dont forget to carry extra camera batteries. Though batteries are available everywhere, you might not get the particular brand/type you need for your camera.
- Dont forget your comb!
- Lastly, carry some food and water/drink with you. You should be prepared for emergencies where you might be stranded in a waiting room for hours with no resturant or cafes around. With children, this could create a very uncomfortable situation.
- Inform the newspaperman, the servant, the tuition master, cook etc. the day of your departure and the day of your arrival.
- Inform you neighbour and request him to keep a watch on your house.
- A week in advance, check if the the doors and windows can be bolted. Get any repairs done if necessary, before you leave.
- Check and double check if your gas cylinder is shut tightly.
- Inform your near relatives about your journey, so that they can postpone their visit, incase they were planning to drop by.
- If you are taking your children with you before their school closes,inform the school authorities in advance.
- Do not forget to close all water taps.
Well... it's travel time and here's wishing all GoDubai surfers "Happy Holidays"! Have a real great time! Enjoy yourselves and here's my useful travel tip! Forget all about work, leave behind all your worries and smile through your holidays!
Hi! Your's is a great website! However, when I click on the link to "book a hotel" it shows a page with an entire list of travel agents. I wanted to book the 5 star chalet room for $29/-. Which travel agent has this deal?
All our member travel agents can provide you with the deal. You can just log into their website and book that particular special. If you face problems doing so, please let us know.
Back to top