|Winter tips & special offers from Finola's Beauty Salon
Skin always changes with season. So the regular skin care program has to be readjusted accordingly. Your skin needs extra pampering this winter as it tends to turn dry. Here are some winter care tips for a lovely skin. Though it is impossible to give you a personal guide, the following points may help.
- Exfoliate with a scrub/peel at least 2 to 3 times a week.
- A richer night cream/day cream may be necessary. MATIS Serums /DERMALOGICA capsules underneath a night cream is always a plus.
- Moisturising masks 2 to 3 times a week.
- If you are using a cleansing soap twice a day, cut down to once a day.
- Don't forget to use your sun block, as hidden sun is just as dangerous.
- Harsh weather tends to bring out allergies. Eg: rashes, eczema, broken veins etc. Always use an appropriate cream to cope with the problem.
- Don't forget to have facials at least once a month. A professional peeling during the winter months is ideal as the sun is not very hot.
Hair Care is vital, as it also tends to dry out
- Oils,masks and intensive conditioning one to two times a week are essential to maintain the health of your hair. Special Price - L'Oreal mask- Dhs. 20/-, with any wash & blow dry.
- Zinc with your vitamin supplements for healthy looking hair.
- Make sure you have a regular trim at least once a month to eliminate dry, split ends. L'Oreal serums and hair masks are recommended for home use.
- During these months your hair can become dull and lifeless. So if your hair is coloured make sure it is maintained on a regular basis.
- The TIGI Spray Shine is ideal with Pure Gloss.
The body is often neglected at this time of the year but is also very important
- Regular use of a body scrub is a necessity to exfoliate the skin (remove dead skin cells from the surface).
- Moisturising body creams applied daily to prevent dryness. Dry brushing before bathing helps with cellulite & circulation. G5 Salon treatment x 10 - Dhs. 900/-.
- Daily exercise to improve the blood circulation, shape & tone.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water per day.
- Massage, Body masks, Scrubs & Seaweed wraps are a perfect back up to your home treatment.
- Don't forget your regular pedicure, just as important in winter as in summer. It helps maintain beautiful feet.