Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune disorder. It occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles that results in chunks of hair falling out and eventually ends up becoming round hairless patches on the scalp.
Location: It usually occurs on the scalp, but it can also occur in beard, eyelashes, limbs and eye brows.
Patient Profile: Common in young people; 20 % of the cases are children.
- Some patients may have other associated autoimmune diseases like thyroid diseases, atopic dermatitis, diabetes, psoriasis and anemia.
- Autoimmune diseases are common in many patients and in their families, but not all of them have Alopecia Areata; or if parents have any of the above autoimmune disorder, not all children will have Alopecia Areata – only one (1) child may get it.
- With Alopecia Areata, hair is easily pluckable.
- Stress usually will precipitate the lesions or spread it.
- There is a tendency for relapse and remission.
Complications: When the lesion spreads to the entire scalp, it becomes Alopecia Totalis (baldness); and when it spreads over the body it is known as Alopecia Universalis. Both conditions have poor prognosis.
Therapy: If lesions are of short duration and present a single patch, spontaneous regrowth can be seen in 60% of the cases. Patients with Alopecia Areata are usually anxious. The spread of this disease can occur very fast that immediate treatment is required.
- Allopathic medications or treatment are usually in some form of potent topical treatments like Minoxidil and intralesional steroids.
- Homeopathic treatment is a medical practice based on the idea that the body has the ability to heal itself.
The Difference between Allopathic and Homeopathic treatments
While Allopathic method is drug oriented and aims at treating just the symptom of the disease, Homeopathy allows the body's natural response system by encouraging healing or finding and treating the cause of the illness.
Homeopathic treatment not only treats the disease from its roots but also improves the immunity of a person. With this method the relapses or spread is less and most of all it has no side effects. Treatment using this natural method is based on patients' food habits, sleep, past illnesses, hereditary illness, mental and physical make up, etc.
It is true that when our immunity is strong, our general health is excellent. However most of us are exposed to stress every day. If we suffer from Alopecia Areata and we are mentally and physically stressed out, the lesions or damage can be aggravated.
Homeopathic treatment is WHOLISTIC AND INDIVIDUALISTIC that it treats every patient separately as per the cause, case details and signs and symptoms. Alopecia Areata is totally curable especially with the right constitutional homeopathic medicines.
Here are the most common homeopathic drugs:
Lycopodium, natrum muriaticum, silicea, pulsatilla, lachesis, thyroidin, sepia, calcarea group, etc.
Why Dr. Batra's Homeoapthic Clinic?
We are team of doctors who are well trained by specialist doctors from various fields; i.e. from dermatology to trichology, and homeopathy, too. We provide prompt and effective healthcare systems and homeopathic treatment services, which meet the stated needs of the patient, using competent staff members and excellent infrastructure. We also provide the latest diagnostic tools and techniques and deliver the best solutions to our patients.
We offer holistic treatments to our patients ranging from diet, hair care, stress management and other ailments.
Contributed by : Dr. Ujwala Sukale
Dr. Batra’s Homeoapthic Clinic FZ-LLC
Al Razi Bld 64, Block F, Unit 2036,
Opp. Gulf Towers, Dubai Healthcare City