The partnership will enable global genomic sequencing and examination through a specialist platform developed on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to help mitigate the impact of potentially dangerous COVID-19 variants
Dubai, UAE – May 17, 2021: The emergence of more infectious variants of the COVID-19 virus is threatening to slow the global recovery and potentially thwart current vaccine immunity. To help governments and medical communities identify and act on these variants faster, Oxford University and Oracle have created a Global Pathogen Analysis System (GPAS) combining Oxford’s Scalable Pathogen Platform (SP3) with the power of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). This initiative builds on the work of a Wellcome Trust-funded consortium including Public Health Wales, the University of Cardiff, and Public Health ......read more
• New Unity Class follows an adapted curriculum that supports play-based learning
• Class focuses on children’s strengths, helping them face their individual challenges
• Students and families benefit from having all supportive services in the same place
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - May 19, 2021: GEMS Metropole School – Motor City has introduced a new Unity Class in partnership with Neuropedia Children’s Neuroscience Center to provide additional support to young students with more significant special needs.
The Unity Class follows an adapted strength-based curriculum that embraces specialist therapy in which students are effectively included in all aspects of the school journey through a play-based and child-led learning environment.
The incorporation of ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – 16 May 2021: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), a comprehensive research university and an internationally renowned institution located in South Korea. The MoU aims to strengthen and facilitate the academic exchanges in the engineering discipline, align the academic curricula to ensure they are on a par with international standards, and foster collaborative research projects.
SKKU has a long and distinguished history of over 623 years and has been attended by more than 23,000 students. As one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in South Korea which has been ranked in the top 5% of academic institutions in the region according to international ratings, SKKU has dedicated itself to the pursuit of ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—10 May 2021: Abu Dhabi University students won second and third places in the Research Collaboration Competition (X-Research), organized by Skyline University College, Sharjah, UAE. The competition aims to promote scientific research and foster an entrepreneurial mindset among students at universities in the UAE.
Students from five universities participated in the competition where they showcased their research under the theme ‘Application of Emerging Technologies and Sustainability’.
ADU’s Ahmed AbuGhali, Abdullah Al Salmani, and Ahmed Al Soufi from the Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering Department took second place for their project on ‘Smart Photovoltaic Modules’ under the supervision of Dr. Anas Altarabsheh, ......read more
Through Stevens Initiative Connected Classrooms, 50 Faculty Members Will Connect Students in Morocco, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States Through Virtual Exchange
AJMAN, May 9, 2021: Today, the Stevens Initiative announced its second cohort of faculty scholars and university leadership teams participating in Stevens Initiative Connected Classrooms, a program for a select group of institutions dedicated to expanding global education opportunities through virtual exchange. Ajman University will partner with faculty members at Portland State University and Green River College to plan virtual exchanges that they will implement in classrooms for the next two years.
Stevens Initiative Connected Classrooms brings virtual exchange experiences to students across Morocco, the United Arab Emirates, and the United ......read more
Themed ‘For Your Imagination’, the festival will run from May 19 – 29, 4pm – 10pm at Sharjah Expo Centre
• 385 children’s events including workshops and plays
• 172 publishers to headline prestigious event
• 27 authors from 15 countries will participate
• 132 activities to take place at the Comics corner
• 9th edition of the Sharjah Children's Book Illustration Exhibition
Sharjah, May 6, 2021: The Sharjah Children's Reading Festival (SCRF) is back again to unite young readers with creators of children’s literature and allied arts from May 19 – 29, 4pm – 10pm, at the Sharjah Expo Centre.
Themed 'For Your Imagination', the 12th edition of the festival ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - 3 May 2021: As part of its Alumni Engagement Strategy, Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has launched the ADU Alumni Academy, the primary focus of which is to address the needs of ADU alumni and build strong relationships with them across the institution. The Academy will provide professional development opportunities for graduates on a range of topics and exceptional networking opportunities for them, career guidance for new graduates seeking work, and other activities that will contribute to their personal and professional growth.
Launched by the Employability and Alumni Relations Office, Student Affairs Department, the Alumni Academy's core purpose is defined by four pillars: the development of a vibrant culture to engage alumni holistically and purposefully; the promotion of lifelong learning ......read more
• Dubai Cares’ immersive and engaging pavilion experience will explore how we are preparing ourselves and future generations for increasing disruption and the need for adaptability
• Pavilion experience will also introduce visitors to Dubai Cares, a global movement that brings equitable access to education and learning opportunities for children and youth to help them to take charge of their future
• Dubai Cares opens registration for its flagship RewirEd Summit set to take place from 12 -14 December 2021 at Expo 2020 Dubai
Dubai, UAE, 3 May 2021: Dubai is more than host to the tallest building and the largest man-made island; it’s also home to some of the most charitable people in the world. Led by a visionary leader, they’ve created a movement that is bringing equitable access to ......read more
AU Chancellor Dr. Karim Seghir and other dignitaries attend the ceremony
Ajman, United Arab Emirates, 3rd May 2021
Ajman University honored renowned sports journalist and media personality, Mustafa Al-Agha in a ceremony held at the University’s campus on 2nd May, 2021. He was presented with a trophy and his work in the media and social spheres was acknowledged in a speech by Ajman University Chancellor Dr. Karim Seghir..
Mr. Al-Agha is most recognized for his presentation of the “Sada AL Malaeeb” program and his role as sports programs director at MBC Group (Middle East Broadcasting Centers). In addition to the Chancellor, other AU dignitaries in attendance at the ceremony included Dr. Abdulhaq Al Nuaimi, Vice chancellor for Communication and Community Affairs; Dr. Shaher Momani, Dean of Humanities ......read more
● Star International School Mirdif’s Early Years Foundation School (EYFS) registered a staggering growth of 45% this year
● The school’s facility has been praised by the DHA and KHDA authorities for adhering to the highest Covid-19 safety standards
● School introduces “Log In and Learn” 15-minute online sessions to familiarise the public about the school without the need to visit
29 April, 2021, Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Star International School Mirdif, a bespoke family-oriented and research-driven British curriculum school in the heart of Mirdif, recently launched its “Log In and Learn” initiative, which is a series of 15-minute long online sessions for potential and newly-enrolled ......read more
• Students and staff marked anniversary with time capsule and tree planting-ceremony
• Founding Principal, first Head Girl and Boy return to the school after three decades
• Virtual ceremony in honour of school founder, Madam Varkey, is attended by 700
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - April 27, 2021: GEMS Our Own Indian School (OIS) staff and students have penned personal messages for the future in a ‘time capsule’ as part of celebrations for the school’s 30th anniversary, with a special event also held in honour of founder Madam Mariamma Varkey.
Senior leaders of the school were invited to contribute to the commemorative ‘time capsule’ containing notes from 30 staff, as well as handwritten letters from Grade 2 students whose parents are ......read more
Al-Ain, UAE - 26th April 2021: The United Arab Emirates University proudly shares that the first female Arab astronaut, Nora Al-Matrooshi, is one of its graduates. She obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the UAE University in 2015.
His Excellency Zaki Anwar Nusseibeh, the Cultural Adviser to the President of the UAE and the Chancellor of UAE University, expressed his deep appreciation and gratitude to His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, for his precious trust in the potential and abilities of the UAE's youth in opening and exploring new prospects in the fields of science, technology, and innovation, and to fulfill UAE's space ambitions.
"We are delighted that one of our graduates was ......read more
In a step that provides continuous academic and professional development opportunities
The International Bureau of Education accredits the university to be the Arab regional center of excellence for curriculum and capacity development
Mansoor Al Awar: “We are continuing to employ our advanced capabilities in establishing standards of excellence in updating curriculums in support of UNESCO’s efforts to provide quality education for all.”
The move comes as a continuation of the success of the joint cooperation aimed at reshaping the future of education and learning in the Arab world and North Africa
UAE, April 26, 2021 - Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU) has been selected by the International Bureau for Education of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) ......read more
• The students presented a paper on resilient cities and a COVID-19 case study of Abu Dhabi at an international conference focused on ‘Lockdown Urbanism’
• The students were invited to publish their research in the International Review for Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development, a Scopus indexed journal ranked Q2
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates — 25 April 2021: Architecture students from Abu Dhabi University’s (ADU) College of Engineering (COE) presented a research paper titled ‘Resilient cities and COVID-19 – an Abu Dhabi case study,’ at an international conference focused on ‘Lockdown Urbanism,’ organized by the International Community of Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development.
The research paper was presented to a panel ......read more
• GEMS Education showcases students’ creative designs, initiatives and inventions
• Partnerships and internships with industry leaders equip students for digital future
• GEMS Centres of Excellence at the forefront of innovative technology and learning
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - April 21, 2021: GEMS Education is marking World Creativity and Innovation Day (21 April) by celebrating the unique designs, creations and inventions of its students.
All schools in the GEMS network are driven by the firm belief that students learn best in a creative environment where they can confidently develop their ideas and learn from peers, highly engaged teachers and industry experts.
GEMS Education’s Centres of Excellence lead the way in pioneering ......read more
• The wining team’s robot is capable of capturing aerial images to map out the furnaces and uses artificial intelligence to analyze the image data
• Winning robot prototype to be manufactured for use at Emirates Global Aluminium
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—14 April 2021: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has announced the success of its students in the third edition of the Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA) 2020 of the AI Robot competition. Once again, Abu Dhabi University’s Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) and Mechanical, Electrical and Computer (MEC) teams won three out of the top four positions (1st, 3rd, and 4th) in the EGA competition.
Emirates Global Aluminum (EGA) awarded the first-place winners from ADU’s College of Engineering AED 70,000 and the ......read more
• GEMS schools work with students to assist others and support their wellbeing
• Mental health issues tackled with help of pupil mentorship at GEMS Metropole
• Students at GEMS Modern Academy launch web platform to help relieve stress
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 14 March 2021: Trained GEMS Education school students are working alongside experts to offer mental health advice to any peers who are struggling. The initiative is inspired by the National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031 adopted by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
One such programme is being carried out at GEMS Metropole School titled ‘Teen-to-Teen Mental Health First Aiders’ (MHFA) where students provide confidential ......read more
• John Bagust to begin headship at GEMS Royal Dubai School in August 2021
• Vicky Martin steps down after 15 years at Outstanding-rated British school
• Incoming principal will lead RDS into First Royal Alliance partnership with FPS
United Arab Emirates - April 07, 2021: GEMS Education has appointed John Bagust as the new Principal of GEMS Royal Dubai School (RDS), starting August 2021, taking over from the current Principal/CEO Vicky Martin, who has led the school since its opening in 2005.
An experienced leader having held the positions of Head of School and Principal since 2002, John brings extensive experience in improving and leading schools through British School Overseas (BSO) inspections as well as CIS and IB accreditation. He joins RDS from The New Cairo ......read more
• New BTECS will deliver student-specialised teaching in emerging digital industries
• School will be offering added support from sector experts from home and overseas
• Courses are part of the school’s focus on preparing students for a digital-led future
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 31 March 2021: GEMS FirstPoint School – The Villa will become the first school in the UAE and the region to deliver two specialised courses in digital game design and esports for its students.
The BTEC courses, which will be offered from September 2021, will offer industry-level hardware and software and be held in a specially created creative media suite and immersive room. The initiative is supported by industry leaders Pearson and British Esports Association, with further sector ......read more
• One former shortlistee and one former longlistee make the 2021 shortlist
• The longlist comprises books from 5 countries: Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia
United Arab Emirates - March 29, 2021: The Eye of Hammurabi by Abdulatif Ould Abdullah, Notebooks of the Bookshop Keeper by Jalal Bargas, The Calamity of the Nobility by Amira Ghenim, The Bird Tattoo by Dunya Mikhail, File 42 by Abdelmajid Sebbata and Longing for the Woman Next Door by Habib Selmi have today been announced as the shortlisted works for the 14th International Prize for Arabic Fiction (IPAF). Each of the six shortlisted authors will receive $10,000, with the winner announced on 25th May receiving an additional $50,000.
The shortlist was revealed by this year’s Chair of Judges Chawki ......read more
• Expansion will eventually increase school’s capacity by a further 1,800 spaces
• Students will have access to increased academic, sports and recreation facilities
• Growth reflects school’s reputation for providing exceptional education and value
United Arab Emirates - March 29, 2021: GEMS Founders School – Dubai (GFS) is set to expand in time for the start of the 2021-22 academic year in September, increasing its capacity by an initial 1,000 places and rising to a total of 1,800 in the longer term, in response to high demand for its high-quality and affordable education provision.
The school’s campus will be enlarged to encompass the purpose-built site previously occupied by GEMS Al Barsha National School for Boys, located immediately ......read more
• The event theme was “Responding to the call: How sustainability can transform your business” and aimed to explore the triple bottom line and sustainable development goals
• More than 150 individuals joined the event and attended its different sessions
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—28 March 2021: Knowledge Group (KG), the training, development, and consulting arm of Abu Dhabi University (ADU), in collaboration with Abu Dhabi School of Government, an affiliate of the Department of Government Support Abu Dhabi, held its virtual Knowledge Day this week, through which it addressed the importance of sustainability to businesses.
The event took place under the theme “Responding to the call: How sustainability can transform your business” and aimed to explore the ......read more
• The strategic partnership offered more than AED 68 million worth of funds to support the needs of 3,130 students
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 27 March 2021: Zakat Fund, in collaboration with Abu Dhabi University (ADU), have launched the ‘Our Youth Our Responsibility, Our Zakat Our Immunity' initiative for the eleventh year in a row to raise funds for local and expatriate students to reduce their financial burden.
Since its launch, the initiative has raised more than AED 68 million and extended financial aid to 3,130 students. This year, it hopes to reduce the financial burden of 500 deserving students who are eligible zakat recipients.
His Excellency Abdullah Bin Aqeeda Al Muhairi, Secretary General of Zakat Fund, commented, “For the past ten ......read more
Sheikha Moza's research will be published in one of the most prestigious international engineering journals of the International Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE), 'Environmental Geotechnics'
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – 24 March 2021: During the 7th Education Interface Exhibition and Middle East Youth Conference, held under the patronage of Lt. General His Highness Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, Sheikha Dr. Moza bint Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, a faculty member in the College of Business at Abu Dhabi University, and Chair of the College Advisory Board, presented research results regarding the measures taken by the municipal solid waste (MSW) sector during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as recommendations for future ......read more
• Grade 6 to be introduced from April 2021 with further grades added year-on-year
• Robotics, AI, space and financial literacy among exciting new programmes offered
• Collaborative, project-based learning at centre of students’ educational experience
United Arab Emirates - March 22, 2021: The Kindergarten Starters has been approved to become an all-through school from the beginning of the 2021-22 academic year, serving students from kindergarten all the way up to Grade 12. As a result, the school will be renamed GEMS Legacy School, reflecting its new extended K-12 provision.
The school is set to add new grades year-on-year, starting with Grade 6 in April 2021. In addition, a number of unique new features and enhancements will be introduced with immediate ......read more
- H.E. Mohamed Al Hammadi addressed students from AD University, Khalifa University, Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi, and NYU Abu Dhabi during inspirational online seminar
- H.E. Al Hammadi: “We have a responsibility to support the ambitions of those around us. It is a privilege to now be able to pass on my knowledge and experience.”
7 July 2020, Abu Dhabi, UAE: His Excellency Engineer Mohamed Al Hammadi, Chief Executive Officer of the Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC), addressed university students from across the UAE as a part of an ......read more
• Top performers Aya Abu Ahmad, Dana Abu Alfailat and Jana El Khatib all scored 41 points each
• 40% of the Class of 2020 attained 36 points or higher
DUBAI, UAE; July 6, 2020: Raffles World Academy (RWA) staff and students were thrilled with the graduating Class of 2020’s performance at this year’s IB Diploma Programme. The top performing students are Aya Abu Ahmad, Dana Abu Alfailat and Jana El Khatib, with 41 points each. Ninety one candidates were registered for the DP in the May 2020 examinations session, RWA’s largest cohort taking ......read more
• GEMS students outperform international averages, achieving average pass rate of 94.5 per cent and average point score of 34
• Three students achieve a perfect score of 45, putting them in top performing 1 per cent across the world
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 06, 2020: GEMS Education students studying the International Baccalaureate (IB) have once again performed above international averages, as evidenced in the 2020 IB examination results released on 5 July. This year’s cohort achieved the best ever results for the GEMS ......read more
The MBRU – AlMahmeed Collaborative Research Award offers support worth AED 300,000 for laboratory-based projects and AED 150,000 for non-laboratory-based projects
Full-time MBRU faculty in conjunction with national or international researchers can apply for the grant, with proposals evaluated by a panel of external reviewers
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 06, 2020: The Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU) has launched the grant application process for the 2020 MBRU–Al Mahmeed Collaborative Research Award – ......read more
- Catch Communications launches training arm – Catch Academy
- Catch Academy offers training courses centred around new-age marketing in the GCC
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 06, 2020: Boutique lifestyle consultancy Catch Communications have launched their training arm, Catch Academy in the UAE. The Academy was ideated with one aim – empower business owners & Marcom professionals in the GCC, to develop and nurture a thriving ecosystem of creativity and function within the industry.
The academy has launched with an ......read more
• Pilot involved 2,000 students from select GEMS schools, preparing them for careers in the fast-growing technology sector
• Initiative has now been rolled out to the entire GEMS network of schools, providing free access to a host of online courses on emerging technologies and soft skills
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 05, 2020: GEMS Education today announced its collaboration with IBM to roll out IBM Digital – Nation to over 50 schools in the UAE and the wider region. The launch follows a successful pilot programme that saw ......read more
** Guide to help cultivate the feeling of home in yourself, no matter where the world takes you **
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 05, 2020: Dubai based author Rachael Lynn recently launched her debut book, “At Home Anywhere. Feeling at home wherever life takes you”, which offers a unique and fulfilling guide with tips, wisdom and advice for anyone going through the transition of moving home and/or country or big periods of change in their lives. With so many of us going through life transitions right now, this book can seriously help readers focus on ......read more
Ajman-UAE: July 02, 2020 – Ajman University (AU), for the 3rd year in a row, has made another one of QS Intelligence Unit’s elite list of rankings.
Every summer, the QS Intelligence Unit launches the “Top 50 Under 50”, which showcases the world’s best universities under 50 years of age.
Once again, Ajman University is on the “Next 100” portion of that list, thereby putting it among the “Top 150 under 50”.
Only 8 universities in the UAE and a total of 17 universities in the Arab World earned a spot on the ......read more
The young heroes from the UAE are honored with the prestigious Diana Award 2020 for going above and beyond in their daily lives to create and sustain positive change with the Tajneed UAE initiative.
DUBAI – July 2, 2020: Three UAE students from schools of Dubai and Abu Dhabi have been conferred with prestigious Princess Diana Award for taking up exceptional social leadership roles with Tajneed UAE initiative in their respective schools.
The students -- 14-year-old Amith Mazin; 16-year-old Sanvi Rathod and Rania Ali Khan (aged 13) have been recognized with The Diana ......read more
Outstanding achievement towards reshaping future of higher education using advanced technology
Dhahi Khalfan Tamim: “We congratulate our wise leadership on our unprecedented regional achievement & take pride in HBMSU’s leading position that supports UAE's competitiveness on global educational landscape”
Mansoor Al Awar: “With our adoption of AWS, we continue to pioneer change & progress in line with directives of HBMSU’s president to build a knowledge society and invest in creative minds and promising competencies to ensure our readiness for ......read more
• GEMS schools working with globally accredited health and safety service providers on an ongoing basis to ensure safe return of students and staff
•GEMS Education’s network of schools is meticulously preparing for the eventual return of students, parents and staff, implementing a variety of robust health and safety measures to guarantee compliance with the highest international hygiene, cleaning and disinfection standards.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 28, 2020: All GEMS schools are working with and drawing on the specialist expertise of a ......read more
• New strategic partnership focused on developing Emiratis and nationals from sister GCC countries into tomorrow’s teaching professionals completes its first phase
• More than 80 trainees graduated today from the inaugural Teacher Introductory Training programme, with a view to training more than 300 young graduates from the UAE during a longer-term programme
• The course’s innovative bilingual programme is part of Aldar Education’s commitment to developing talent, with a focus on the importance of the Arabic language
Abu Dhabi, 27 June ......read more
- Published in Science Magazine, the paper explains how NYUAD researchers used the method of helioseismology to measure the meridional flow (the flow of plasma in the latitudinal and radial directions) in the Sun’s interior, which controls the solar cycle.
- Over the course of the 11-year solar cycle, the number of sunspots - dark patches on the surface of the Sun - reaches a maximum, and the latitudes at which sunspots emerge drift toward the equator.
- Helioseismology is the study of the solar interior using observations of sound waves on the Sun's ......read more
Comprehensive survey from Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) will anonymously gauge back-to-school opinions following the UAE Ministry of Education’s announcement on the potential reopening of schools for the new academic year
Survey will help ADEK ensure reopening policies support parents and children
Insights will assist individual schools in planning classroom capacities in adherence to safety guidelines
Abu Dhabi, UAE - June 24, 2020: Parents and students will play a major role alongside the Abu Dhabi ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 21st June 2020: Canadian University Dubai (CUD) becomes the first CEPR-certified university in the MENA region after receiving the Certification in Education for Public Relations (CEPR) from the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) for its Bachelor of Arts in Communication – Public Relations major.
The PRSA is the most esteemed governing body assessing standards for studies in public relations at colleges and universities worldwide. The primary mission of the PRSA is to set a global standard for public relations education, and CUD joins ......read more
HBMSU takes part in virtual panel discussion held on the sidelines of Honeywell Virtual Technology Week
21 June 2020 - Dr. Mansoor Al Awar, Chancellor of Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU), discussed key best practices that promote sustainability within the education sector during his participation in a panel discussion that took place at the virtual seminar entitled ‘Operational Sustainability and the Need for Cost Optimization.’ The session, which was held on the sidelines of Honeywell Virtual Technology Week, highlighted the innovative approach adopted by the ......read more
Share price range is set between SAR 15 and SAR 17
21st June 2020: Amlak International and NCB Capital (“NCBC”), Financial Advisor, Bookrunner, Underwriter and Lead Manager for Amlak international’s IPO, announced that the price range of Amlak International’s offer shares has been set between SAR 15 and SAR 17.
The book building process will start Monday 01/11/1441H (22 June 2020G) aiming at offering Amlak International’s shares for public subscription and will continue until Monday 8/11/1441H (29 June 2020G).
NCB Capital advised that the ......read more
• A record 95 per cent of Class of 2020 to continue their education at university
• 40 students will head overseas to study, with 210 students remaining in the UAE
• The three schools celebrate highest final grades to date thanks to Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools’ innovative approach to distance learning
• Year 12 students of Sas Al Nakhl, Al Ruwais and Madinat Zayed campuses honoured in virtual graduation ......read more
School recorded significant improvements in 31 areas and is among only a handful of schools that have increased their DSIB rating this year
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 18, 2020: GEMS Wellington Academy – Al Khail has been awarded a ‘Very Good’ rating in the latest KHDA DSIB inspections, further strengthening its credentials as a premium school offering the National Curriculum for England and world-class facilities, part of the outstanding GEMS Wellington family of schools.
GEMS Wellington Academy – Al Khail was ......read more
Ajman-UAE: June 17, 2020 – It seems that Ajman University’s (AU) journey to the top will never come to a stop, while the ‘make it happen’ spirit is thriving in every nook and corner, whether on or off-campus.
Despite the global challenges associated with Covid-19, the Accounting Program in the College of Business Administration (CBA) has received the CIMA accreditation; the second international recognition of the same program in less than a month.
“Graduating from a CIMA-accredited program indicates a globally respected and benchmarked quality ......read more
• Serco opens doors to recent graduates as it launches its inaugural Programme, with a comprehensive training schedule planned for successful candidates
• Serco’s Graduate Programme will onboard the brightest talent as it looks to cement its commitment to building the nationalised local workforce of the future
16th June 2020, Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Serco Middle East, the international public services company has announced the launch of its inaugural Graduate Programme as part of its vision to support aspiring regional ......read more
United Arab Emirates, Dubai, June 15, 2020: The DHA has now opened the registration for Emirati high school graduates who are seeking scholarships in the fields of medicine and science from June 14 – 28.
The Health and Science scholarship programme, provides outstanding Emirati high school graduates with a scholarship opportunity, to encourage Emiratis to enter the field of medicine and health science.
Dr Wadeia Sharief, Director of the Department of Medical Education and Research stressed on the importance of the programme, which has achieved outstanding ......read more
• 90 students from the cohort were accepted by 20 of the world’s Top 50 universities
• 88% students get admission into university of first choice
Dubai, UAE, 15th June 2020: Dubai International Academy, Emirates Hills, celebrated its first-ever online virtual graduation ceremony on Friday, June 12. The cohort of 140 students is the school’s twelfth graduating class and had impressive acceptance rates. Over 88% gained admission to their first-choice university, with 90 acceptances to 20 of the World’s Top 50 QS Ranking universities. ......read more
An outstanding achievement by NYUAD athletes who broke the record for the most chest to ground burpees
Abu Dhabi – June 11, 2020: A group of six athletes from NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) broke the Guinness World Records title for the most chest to ground burpees in 24 hours. While the minimum number of burpees required to break the record was 6,000, the team managed to perform double the amount, finishing 12,502 burpees in the allocated time.
The winning team consisted of HUA Fitness Trainer at NYUAD, Guinness World Records record-breaker Eva Clarke, Post-doctoral ......read more
• ADU’s Academic Reputation records a 15% increase
Abu Dhabi—10 June 2020: For the third year in a row, Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has been ranked among the top 750 universities in the world, according to the prestigious 2021 QS World University Rankings. ADU recorded an increase of 15% in Academic Reputation, the world rankings indicator with the highest weightage.
Reinforcing this performance, the University also improved at a similar rate in Faculty Student Ratio and Citations per Faculty, with each indicator reflecting growth of ......read more
Ajman-UAE: June 10, 2020 – Released today, QS World University Rankings (QSWUR) 2021 edition lists Ajman University among the top 750 institutions globally by ranking it in the 701-750 band – thereby propelling the institution into the top 2.5% of universities worldwide. This is the sixteenth edition produced by the world-respected UK-based higher education intelligence and media group.
This marks the third consecutive year in which AU has moved up an entire range in the QSWUR. For 2019 (released June 2018), AU debuted in the World Rankings in the 801-1000 category. For ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 10, 2020: The International Baccalaureate (IB) is celebrating the 50th IB World School to be authorized in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Dubai International Academy - Al Barsha, which offers the IB’s Diploma Programme (DP). Over the last decade, the IB has gained significant momentum in the UAE, with triple the number of schools now offering an IB programme than in 2010.
In recognition of this growth and to widen access to an IB education, the UAE Ministry for Education recently released new recognition guidelines for the DP so ......read more
Dubai, UAE, June 09, 2020 – The Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA®), the certification division of IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants), announced today the pass rates for the first testing window (January-February 2020) of the revised CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) exam content specification outline, as well as a change in the English language testing window schedule for 2020.
Of a pool of more than 5,000 Part 1 and Part 2 English language exam parts taken during the first testing window under the new curriculum, ICMA announced a worldwide ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 09, 2020: The World Photography Organisation is delighted to announce the overall winners in the prestigious Sony World Photography Awards 2020. The Photographer of the Year title and accompanying $25,000 prize is awarded to Pablo Albarenga (Uruguay) for his series Seeds of Resistance. Also announced are the ten category winners of the Professional competition alongside 2nd and 3rd place as well as overall winners of the Open, Student and Youth competitions.
Seeds of Resistance is a body of work which pairs photographs of landscapes and ......read more
● A pulsar is a dense remnant of an old star.
● An accretion disk is a structure formed by gravitationally attracting material in an orbital motion around a massive central body, which is typically a star - or, in this case, a pulsar. Friction causes orbiting material in the disk to spiral inward towards the star.
Abu Dhabi – June 9, 2020: For the first time ever, a team of researchers from NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) and Monash University in Australia have observed the full process of material spiralling into a ......read more
- The scholarship promotes dialogue between China and the rest of the globe
- The two recipients, Class of 2018 graduate Marie Claude Hykpo and Class of 2020 graduate Juan Diego Serrano Ortega, will study in Beijing as a part of a one year master’s program
Abu Dhabi – June 8, 2020: Two NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) alumni have been awarded the prestigious Yenching Scholarship by the Yenching Academy of Peking University in Beijing, China. NYUAD Class of 2018 alumna Marie-Claude Hykpo and alumnus Juan Diego Serrano Ortega from the Class of 2020 will pursue a ......read more
• Since GMU’s inception 22 years ago, its 2000-strong alumni comprising 85 nationalities have been making significant contributions to the healthcare sector in the UAE and beyond
• The University boasts academic and research tie-ups with over 60 international universities and research institutions
June 8th, 2020, Ajman, UAE: Working on the frontlines of healthcare across 60 countries, the alumni of Gulf Medical University (GMU) in Ajman have been making noteworthy contributions to the global healthcare sector for several years now. ......read more
The ceremony allowed graduates to participate with extremely limited social interaction
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 07, 2020: On Saturday 6th of June 2020, RAK Academy’s annual graduation ceremony was held, this year in a completely different and innovative way, due to the virus outbreak. With everyone’s health and safety in mind, a drive-in ceremony took place to allow students to commemorate the completion of their school careers. His Highness Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, UAE Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, delivered a speech ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates – June 06 2020: Oliver Wyman, a global leader in management consulting, says schools in the Middle East will need to implement a carefully planned and strategically phased approach to opening up following the deep impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the region.
The opening strategies, according to Oliver Wyman, must include a pre-opening, opening and post-opening framework and entail fundamental changes to logistics, processes and procedures to ensure safety and a smooth opening of operations for school communities.
Releasing a report called ......read more
Under the patronage of His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of Tolerance
The Class of 2020 Students Illuminate The World’s Tallest Building
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 6th June 2020: Canadian University Dubai made history last night as it became the first university in the world to display images of its graduating class on the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa. The ceremony was the leading Dubai based university’s 10th graduation event, and recognized its class of 2020 by illuminating one of the most iconic buildings in the ......read more
• GEMS Our Own English High School Sharjah – Girls tops ‘Outstanding Schools’ category for providing an enriching environment for students to achieve excellence
• GEMS Our Own English High School Sharjah – Boys placed second in ‘Outstanding Schools’ category and sees one of its students named ‘Most Distinguished and Excellent Student’
• GEMS Millennium School – Sharjah student also recognised with ‘Most Distinguished and Excellent Student’ award
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 01, ......read more
• Launched as part of the ‘Rize Enrichment Programs’, the program aims to equip high school students ahead of their journey towards higher education
• Following its inauguration in February of this year, the program is now delivered virtually in keeping with social distancing measures to limit the spread of COVID-19
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 30, May 2020: In a bid to provide comprehensive support for grades 9-12 students in Abu Dhabi developing their post-secondary goals and aspirations, the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) has ......read more
• Awards mark culmination of annual Global Innovation Challenge, which sees thousands of students develop solutions to world’s biggest problems
• Winners selected from a shortlist of 150 young innovators, who pitched their ideas and inventions to a panel of industry leaders, experts and investors
• Participants took part in a first-of-its-kind virtual bootcamp, gaining insights into various aspects of business and entrepreneurship
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 28, 2020: The final stages of this year’s Global Innovation ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 20, 2020: As a result of the current situation, families are facing extended periods of social distancing. To help families enjoy their time together, Abu Dhabi Early Childhood Authority offers parents guidance on how to help their children thrive at remote schooling and tips on how to engage children effectively.
There is a huge difference between elective ‘homeschooling’ and adapting to it very unexpectedly, but there many ways families can balance multiple children’s workloads whilst considering each child’s ......read more
The winning submission, Haweia – an Arabic term meaning identity – will officially be unveiled at NYU Abu Dhabi, and will then tour to other UAE locations in November 2020
Abu Dhabi, UAE – May 20, 2020: Under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Shamsa bint Hamdan Al Nahyan, NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD), in partnership with Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation (ADMAF), has announced the winners of the eighth edition of The Christo and Jeanne-Claude Award 2020. The winning trio are architecture students from the American University of Sharjah (AUS): Sara Mohamed from ......read more
• Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Award for Excellence, under the patronage of His Excellency Sheikh Nahyan Mubarak Al Nahyan, is presented to female students at GEMS Education schools in the UAE
• The award includes a scholarship covering a year’s tuition fee at their respective school
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 18, 2020: GEMS Education honoured 41 female students in the UAE with the prestigious Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Award for Excellence. Each of these young achievers represents an inspiring story about academic success and ......read more
• ADU’s successful face shield prototype will be sent to hospitals in Abu Dhabi
• The University also developed 1000 clips, a part of the face masks, for hospitals
• The face shield was created using equipment available at ADU at the hands of the University’s experts
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—17 May 2020: Abu Dhabi University’s (ADU) College of Engineering (COE) has rallied its engineering labs to join the fight against COVID-19. The university has been working closely with hospitals in Abu Dhabi and was able to ......read more
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 12 May 2020: In a bid to ensure no student is left behind, the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) has partnered with Yahsat to provide free satellite broadband services for distance learning students residing in the Al Dhafra Region. With ADEK’s support, Yahsat, the leading satellite operator in the UAE, will offer its services free of charge to ensure continuity of distance learning for students until the end of the current academic year.
This initiative is the latest in a series of strategic partnerships that ADEK forged with ......read more
Smart university discusses leading experiences during webinar session led by Electronic Ramadan Quality Council
May 10, 2020- Dr. Mansoor Al Awar, Chancellor, Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU), has highlighted the need for continuous efforts to tap innovation, quality and excellence as the key foundations to re-engineer the future of higher education and create a new generation of graduates who are qualified to lead in the 21st century. The call was raised during Dr. Al Awar’s participation in a webinar session of the Electronic Ramadan Quality Council held with leading ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 07, 2020: Deloitte’s D-180 program has just launched in the Middle East. D-180 is a digital mentoring program integral to Deloitte’s community response efforts to COVID-19. The program targets university graduates in their first few years in the workforce as well as high school and college students across the Middle East to provide them with mentoring and real work exposure by Deloitte volunteer professionals.
Deloitte’s D-180 program aims to equip mentees with support and skills to find meaningful ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates; May 06, 2020: The Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education (AGFE) and Malia Group have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to support the preparation of AGFE scholars for employment transition.
Dr. Sonia Ben Jaafar, CEO of Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education, and Mr. Roger Farhat, Talent Acquisition & Succession Planning Manager at Malia Group, signed the MoU during a virtual ceremony.
The objective of the MoU is to showcase a successful case study of collaboration between private sector and philanthropic entities in ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 05, 2020: The University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dubai Investments PJSC, the leading diversified investments company listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM), announced on-time successful completion of the spring semester, end of April 2020, as a result of deploying effective and efficient distance learning resources, providing uncompromised access to quality programs and modules.
Following an unchanged spring 2020 course schedule, the timely completion of the semester has guaranteed steady progress for ......read more
Abu Dhabi – May 5, 2020: The NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) Institute has launched an online Nobel Laureate Lecture Series, featuring six past lectures given by Nobel Laureates at The Institute. The series, available on The Institute’s YouTube channel, aims to connect audiences with leading thinkers and speakers from the comfort of their homes.
As members of the community practice physical distancing this Ramadan, they are invited to delve into topics that include how electricity powers our muscles, attempting to understand the origin of cellular life, and the ......read more
Organised by the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi, the British writer conducted weird and wonderful experiments from his laboratory to boost children’s interest in science
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 04 May, 2020: With the postponement of the 30th edition of the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF) until next year, a number of authors and artists who were booked to appear at the event have instead been presenting Virtual Sessions from their own homes.
Organised by the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi (DCT Abu Dhabi), the ......read more
Sheikha Fekri’s design celebrates the beauty of ‘ghutra’, the traditional head scarf worn by Arab men
Dubai, May 3, 2020: Parking meters in certain areas of Dubai have started sporting an arty look, following a unique initiative launched by Brand Dubai and the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
One of the artists whose works were selected to be featured on the parking meters is Sheikha Fekri, an Emirati student of Environmental Health Management at Canadian University Dubai (CUD).
The move to add a touch of art to the parking meters is a joint ......read more