Highest standards of flexibility: All drive train variants on one line
Successful transformation of BMW Group plants towards emobility and digitalisation
Half of Dingolfing's production volume will be electrified by mid-decade
Nedeljković: “setting ourselves ambitious goals for the most sustainable production”
July 29, 2021: Dingolfing.Standard production of the fully-electric BMW iX* began today in Dingolfing. The plant in Lower Bavaria now produces vehicles with all drive train variants, i.e. combustion-engine vehicles, plug-in hybrids and fully-electric models, on a single line. Milan Nedeljković, member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, responsible for Production: “The launch of the BMW iX* marks another milestone in our expansion of electrification and ......read more
• New Bowler Defender: Competition-prepared Land Rover Defender 90 showcases the very best of Bowler’s motorsport expertise
• Bowler conversion: Rally revisions include performance upgrades to suspension, modified underbody, fitment of roll cage and unique Bowler wheels
• Perfect starting point: Builds on Land Rover Defender’s unstoppable capability, robust durability and natural balance
• Bowler Defender Challenge: New rally competition series announced for 2022, exclusively featuring the all-new Bowler Defender
• 2022 Challenge: Seven UK-based rounds will feature in the single-series competition with the full support of Bowler
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 29, July 2021: Bowler Motors, the off-road performance specialist, has ......read more
Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 28 July 2021: Designed and engineered by a global team headquartered in Australia, the Ranger is now sold in more than 180 markets around the world, and continues to build a reputation for quality, reliability and durability. The Ford Ranger is truly a global product and has just notched up a decade on-sale around the world.
During development, Ford’s engineers subjected the Ranger to a punishing test schedule around the world, including the harsh and unforgiving Australian Outback.
The original brief combined the toughness and capability of a pick-up truck with smart technology, outstanding safety, excellent fuel economy and high standards of quality and comfort.
Its real-world tests took place in some of the world’s toughest climates and over ......read more
Dubai - July 28, 2021: McLaren Racing and Stanley Black & Decker today announced a multi-year partnership that will make the world’s largest tools and storage company the Official Tools and Storage Partner of the McLaren Formula 1 team.
The McLaren and Stanley Black & Decker relationship combines two leading brands who share a dedication to innovation and technological advancement in their purpose.
Stanley Black & Decker will support the McLaren Formula 1 team at and away from the track by outfitting the team with a range of iconic Stanley Black & Decker tools. The partnership will include engagement events and experiences to bring the partnership to life for Stanley Black & Decker’s customers and celebrate the work they do to “Make the World.”
As the ......read more
• Year-to-date sales in the Middle East exceed around 20,000 units until end of June 2021, growth of 97% compared to the same period last year
• MG Motor enjoyed an outstanding performance during the month of Ramadan with growth of 274% vs last year and a strong market share of 4.1%
• Saudi Arabia ranks first in sales volume followed by record-breaking market share from Oman
(27 July 2021, Middle East) New car buyers across the GCC continue to snap up MG cars in record numbers, with the British-born brand recording best-ever six month sales of over 20,000 vehicles in the GCC and the Middle East. Despite the challenges faced in 2020, consumers showed their appreciation of the MG line-up throughout the year, as the brand broke into the top 10 of car manufacturers for the first time ever.
The ......read more
Model revision measures for the model year 2022.
UAE - July 27, 2021: Model year 2022 will see a number of model revision measures included in the BMW Motorrad program. The models can be ordered from all BMW Motorrad partners in the new configurations from August 2021.
Overview about all measures for BMW R 18 and R 18 Classic.
• New colours Mars red metallic, Manhattan metallic matt and
Option 719 Galaxy Dust metallic/Titanium silver2 metallic.
• For Option 719 Galaxy Dust metallic/Titansilber 2 metallic black drive train is coupled with reverse assistance.
• Geometric change of lower luggage holder. No disassembly required when riding without case (R 18 Classic only).
• New Option 719 Design Package AERO includes cylinder head covers and ......read more
• Honorary Chairman Chung becomes the first Korean to receive the accolade, industry’s top honor
• Chung recognized for being driving force behind the Group’s success, and a steadfast champion of the auto industry and the Korean economy
• Dedication to vehicle quality, global expansion of R&D and manufacturing network have been key to Chung’s approach
• Hyundai Motor Group continues to pursue progress for humanity
July 26, 2021: Hyundai Motor Group Honorary Chairman, Mong-Koo Chung, has been officially inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame at the 2020/2021 Induction and Awards Ceremony. The industry’s top honor was presented to the class of 2020 at a celebration held at the ICON Convention Center in Detroit on July 22.
The induction ceremony was ......read more
Best practices, digital trends and an innovative format: Top international speakers provide new stimulus and exclusive insights into such fields as Esports and gaming culture, advertising opportunities, and future trends.
BMW presents the first product from the RIVALWORKS virtual technology factory – the visionary “The Rival Rig”.
Holger Hampf, President of Designworks: “It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity for a designer to work on a project like this as we were able to play to extremes in terms of technology”.
July 25, 2021: BMW Welt was the epicentre of the Esports industry on Monday, as it hosted the first BMW Esports Boost. In a series of talks and panel discussions, the many participants from around the world were given exclusive insights into the world ......read more
• Jaguar Racing Formula E team takeover the iconic London Underground for the final countdown to the first race on ‘home soil’ in 17 years at ExCeL London
• The ‘clones’ took to Westminster station greeting morning commuters in full race suits and helmets
• Roehampton-born British Jaguar Racing driver, Sam Bird, currently leads the drivers’ standings and is pushing to increase his points lead in front of a home crowd
• A historic weekend for the team who sit third in the teams’ championship – only five points from top spot
• The lights go green on Jaguar Racing’s home double-header E-Prix with the second race on Sunday 25 July at 13:00 GMT
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Sunday 25 July 2021: The Jaguar Racing Formula E team ......read more
Newest race on F1 Calendar announces launch of ticket sales with Promoter releasing first 40% batch for the inaugural race weekend in Jeddah on December 3rd – 5th
• Debut race weekend to take place in Jeddah under the lights on December 3rd - 5th, 2021
• Promoter initially releasing 40% of tickets with a view to maximising capacity by race weekend
• Tickets on sale to fans at home and abroad
• Newest circuit in F1 set to become F1’s longest & fastest street circuit
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia - July 25, 2021: The Saudi Automobile & Motorcycle Federation (SAMF) - Promoter of the 2021 FORMULA 1 SAUDI ARABIAN GRAND PRIX - is delighted to launch the opening of ticket sales for the ......read more
Winning partnership: The Land Rover Defender played a vital role as a support vehicle for athletes and crew at the Red Bull X-Alps 2021 – won for a seventh time by Christian Maurer
Put to the test: Fleet of 12 vehicles covered more than 50,000km of demanding Alpine landscape across five countries during the event
Versatile companion: Teams took full advantage of its 900kg payload, 168kg dynamic roof load and 300kg static roof load as Defender transported athletes, vital crew supplies and equipment
Staying safe: Fitted with Autohome Roof Tents, the rugged 4x4s doubled up as base camps for athletes at the end of each day – providing a safe space to relax and recover in comfort
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 18, July 2021: A fleet of new Land Rover Defenders ......read more
Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 15, July 2021: The Ford F-150 has established itself as a firm favourite with truck enthusiasts in the region with capability, technology and safety technologies that continue to raise the bar in the light-duty truck segment.
But the engineering and design team behind the all-new F-150 wasn’t satisfied with settling on past achievements and set about making the 2021 truck the toughest, most productive and smartest F-150 Ford has ever built.
While all-new F-150 still features a durable, proven foundation – a fully boxed high-strength steel frame with a high-strength, military-grade, aluminium alloy body – every panel of the distinctive, rugged exterior was redesigned for 2021. The bold and tough signature look includes an updated headlamp design, new power dome hood and ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 14 July 2021: In celebration of Eid al-Adha, Arabian Automobiles, the flagship company of the AW Rostamani Group and the exclusive dealer for Renault in Dubai, Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, announces a limited-time sale across the entire line-up.
With Arabian Automobiles, you are guaranteed to drive home the finest deal in a brand-new vehicle, ranging from the adventurous and family-friendly SUV, Koleos 2022, to the more compact sedan. Indulge in this limited-time offer and kick-start your journey with a renewed passion for life.
To know more, visit the Renault R-Stores on Sheikh Zayed Road or Mohammed Bin Zayed Road. Customers are also encouraged to reach out to sales representatives through Renault’s video call service and book a home test drive, for their convenience.
Abu Dhabi, July 14, 2021— Al Masaood Group was recently awarded at the prestigious Sports Industry Awards (SPIA) 2021 for its contributions to the Middle East’s sports community. The Group received the Best Sponsorship Activation – Silver recognition for serving as the official partner and exclusive automotive sponsor of the Special Olympics World Games 2019 in Abu Dhabi. It was the first time that the world’s biggest humanitarian sporting event was held in the Middle East.
Marwa Kaabour, Head of Marketing and Corporate Communication, Al Masaood Group, said: “Becoming a sponsor of the Special Olympics was one of the landmark moments in the history of Al Masaood. We would always take great pride in that. The SPIA honour is an added value to our efforts to advance the sporting industry in the ......read more
Incorporating FAMCO and Al-Futtaim Commercial Vehicles, new division underlines Al-Futtaim’s commitment towards providing total business solution for customers in the UAE
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 14, 2021: Al-Futtaim has announced the launch of Al-Futtaim Automotive Industrial Equipment (AFA-I.E), marking its entry into the used equipment market.
The new division incorporates the pre-owned products of both Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company (FAMCO) and Al-Futtaim’s Commercial Vehicles division.
The full range of products will cater to a diverse range of industries across the transportation, construction, oil and gas, manufacturing, warehousing and marine sectors from Used Commercial Vehicles, Material Handling Equipment, Construction Equipment, Power and Industrial Products and ......read more
• Lennard Hoornik appointed as new Chief Commercial Officer with immediate effect
• Lennard will help drive innovation and realise potential of Reimagine strategy
• Chief Commercial Officer is responsible for all global sales and marketing activity for both the Jaguar and Land Rover brands
• The appointment will help Jaguar Land Rover create the world’s most desirable luxury vehicles and services for the most discerning of customers, and achieve positive cash net-of-debt by 2025
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 13 July 2021: Jaguar Land Rover has today announced the appointment of a new Chief Commercial Officer.
Lennard Hoornik will begin his new role with immediate effect, helping to drive innovation within Jaguar Land Rover, and realise the potential of the business’s ......read more
July 13, 2021: Saudi driver Reema Juffali says the experience she gained from her latest outing at the BRDC British F3 Championship was hugely valuable, and the 29-year-old also paid tribute to those fans supporting her back home.
Juffali, part of the Douglas Motorsport team, was in action at Donington Park in the third stage of the competition, having recorded a fourth-place finish last time out at Silverstone.
On this occasion, Juffali was competitive throughout and although she was unable to finish the two races on Sunday, there were undoubtedly positives to take.
“The weekend was a tough one,” said Juffali, as she reflected on the event. “I knew it was going to be challenging going into it having had experience on the track. I think there were definitely positives, from testing to qualifying ......read more
• NEOM, Principal Partner of the Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team, turns the spotlight on how Formula E plays a vital role in accelerating the adaptation of green mobility.
NEOM, Saudi Arabia. July 12, 2021: With rounds 10 & 11 of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship taking place in New York City over the weekend, NEOM focuses on how Formula E has helped accelerate the city’s adaptation of green mobility.
Formula E is one of the world’s fastest growing sports and a hub of innovation. The technology developed through the series is helping to accelerate the development of electric mobility solutions and create a more sustainable future.
As a Principal Partner of the Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team, NEOM used the race weekend to highlight how New York is adopting ......read more
• Mission accomplished: Land Rover vehicles support Virgin Galactic’s first commercial space flight with a full crew
• Range Rover Astronaut Edition and Land Rover Defender 110 help put Sir Richard Branson into space for the first time
• Partners since 2014, Land Rovers tow Virgin Galactic space vehicles, transport astronauts and support day-to-day operations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 12, July 2021: Land Rover was part of the mission as Virgin Galactic completed its first ever fully crewed space flight, with founder Sir Richard Branson on board as one of four Mission Specialists.
The SpaceShipTwo Unity craft travelled with four Mission Specialists and two pilots on board. The six-strong crew started and completed their mission at Spaceport America in New Mexico. Sir Richard ......read more
• Jaguar Racing driver, Sam Bird, took points and the fastest lap in Brooklyn after a challenging day for the British team
• Mitch Evans climbed seven places through the field before an electrical issue caused his Jaguar I-TYPE 5 to retire in the tenth round of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship
• Mitch Evans sits joint fifth in the Drivers’ Standings, twelve points behind championship leader, Eduardo Mortara, while teammate Sam Bird is thirteenth
• Round eleven of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship takes place on the same 2.32km, 14 turn circuit today, Sunday 11 July 2021 at 17:30 GMT
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 11, July 2021: Jaguar Racing driver, Sam Bird, took points in Brooklyn after a challenging day for the British team. The Brit climbed an impressive eleven ......read more
Dubai, UAE - 11, July 2021: Arabian Automobiles (AAC), the flagship company of the AW Rostamani Group and the exclusive distributor for Nissan in Dubai, Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, announces the availability of the 2021 Nissan Altima with ProPILOT assist in the market, that offers a stress-free driver assistance system making every drive a comfortable and enjoyable one, while complementing the car’s sleek design.
Entering into its third year of production, the 2021 Nissan Altima introduces its segment-first ProPILOT technology in its high-end SL grade, adding to the comprehensive list of Nissan Intelligent Mobility features. ProPILOT is a revolutionary technology designed for different driving conditions, with dynamic driver assistance systems that reduce the amount of acceleration, steering and braking input, ......read more
• The joint study examines new relationships between advanced technologies, public environments and personal experiences
• Four distinct study areas — surfaces, societies, futures and textile research around “adaptive ecologies” — were explored by RISD students and faculty and Hyundai researchers
• Study builds upon partnership established between Hyundai and RISD in 2020
Dubai, July 11, 2021: Hyundai Motor Group (Hyundai) and Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) today announced a research collaboration exploring new relationships between advanced technologies, public environments and personal experiences.
These interactions are defined as “adaptive ecologies”: the technological interfaces that exist between beings (such as living ......read more
Facility will feature vehicles from its leading automotive brands including Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Chrysler, Dodge and RAM
Abu Dhabi, UAE, July 11 2021: In line with its customer-centric approach and commitment to enriching the lives of its customers every day, Al-Futtaim Automotive announced today its expanded footprint in the UAE with the opening of a state-of-the-art Auto Park in Al Ain. Measuring at 120,749 sq ft, the facility will bring together new and pre-owned cars from its leading automotive brands. The facility perfectly reflects Al-Futtaim’s new standards of corporate identity which is being implemented across all its brands to further strengthen their equity globally.
After eight years of extensive research to fully understand the growth of Al Ain City, which included robust customer research, Al-Futtaim Automotive ......read more
Levante Trofeo Fuoriserie Edition for Massimo Bottura: an explosion of creativity
UAE - 1, July 2021: Tradition is an ingredient that drives us into the future. This idea brings together Maserati with Massimo Bottura, born and raised in Modena, Trident Brand Ambassador and protagonist of Italian cuisine, with a genius for taking the best of the past and bringing it into the future. Levante Trofeo Fuoriserie Edition for Massimo Bottura, presented on 1st July, is the outcome of a partnership between the company and a chef, both originating from Italy’s Emilia region and, both capable of reaching beyond all expectations. The car is the sum of this collaboration, an explosion of creativity, a rare display of freedom of expression and the visual impact of a life lived in vivid colours.
Levante, the first Maserati SUV, is a ......read more
MUSCO LIGHTING LLC CONTINUES TO SHINE LIGHT AT YAS MARINA CIRCUIT UNTIL 2023
Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, UAE, July 8, 2021: Abu Dhabi Motorsports Management and Musco Lighting LLC have announced an extension to their long-term partnership.
Musco has been the service provider for track lighting at Yas Marina Circuit since 2009, and the extension will see the partnership run until December 2023, with Musco set to light up the new-look track following the reconfiguration programme it will undergo over the summer.
Musco is responsible for the installation of track lighting across Yas Marina Circuit’s Main Track, Drag Strip, and Yas Kartzone, which was recently enhanced with a Musco Total Light Control – TLC for LED™ System.
The US-based company has played a pivotal role in the overall functionality ......read more
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 7 July, 2021: Team Abu Dhabi’s Rashed Al Qemzi has been promoted to a fifth place finish in the Grand Prix of Lithuania following the overnight elimination of Giacomo Sacchi.
The Monaco driver lost third place when his boat failed a UIM technical inspection after Tuesday’s opening round of this year’s F2 world powerboat championship in Kupiškis.
Next up for Al Qemzi, the 2017 and 2019 F2 world champion, and team-mate Mansoor Al Mansoori, is the second round in Portugal in September.
Mansoori lost his chance of a podium finish in Lithuania when his boat was rammed from behind by Sweden’s Daniel Segenmark after Al Qemzi suffered a similar fate in qualifying.
UIM F2 World Championship positions
1. Edgaras Riabko (LTU) ......read more
• Jaguar Racing drivers Mitch Evans and Sam Bird determined to put the Jaguar I-TYPE 5 in a points-scoring position in New York City
• With only four points separating the top three teams in the ABB FIA Formula E Teams’ World Championship, the British racing team aim to return to top of the championship around the streets of Brooklyn
• The formidable driver line-up have seen success in New York previously with a podium last time out for Evans and two back-to-back victories for Bird in 2017
• The circuit – based around the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in Red Hook, New York – will host rounds ten and eleven on Saturday 10 July (22:00 GMT) and Sunday 11 July (19:30 GMT)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 06 July 2021 – Jaguar Racing cross the Atlantic Ocean to race on the streets of ......read more
Dubai, UAE - July 05, 2021: ABB has won a contract to design, supply, test and commission a new high-power charging infrastructure for one of the world’s largest fleet of electric buses.
The project will see ABB provide high power charging infrastructure for the fleet, which is expected to have 1,000 electric buses operating across the country and with a capacity to transport 50,000 passengers a day.
Qatar aims to have 25 percent of its public bus network operating on electric by 2022, rising to 100 percent by 2030. As part of this plan, the state will create one of the largest e-bus networks in the world, in a single installation.
Partnering with Mannai Trading Company, Public Works Authority ‘Ashghal’ and fleet operator, Mowasalat, ABB will design and ......read more
Dubai Summer Surprises offers shoppers the chance to win with the Mercedes Mega Raffle, in parallel to the UAE National Day Grand Prize, which is a Limited-Edition Mercedes G63
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 4 July 2021 — Yesterday, 30 June 2021, Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), Gargash Mercedes-Benz and Idealz held a signing ceremony to celebrate a significant partnership amongst the three establishments, running grand prize campaigns for two of the UAE’s most anticipated events of the year: Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS), and the 50th UAE National Day.
The ceremony, which was held at Gargash Mercedes-Benz Deira and attended by Ahmed Al Khaja, CEO of DFRE, Shehab Gargash, Managing Director and Group CEO of Gargash Group and Jad Toubayly, CEO of Idealz, established the joint partnership and ......read more
First-of-its-kind SUV model now available across Renault showrooms in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain
Move comes amidst car dealerships’ changing proposition to address new market needs & improve product mix post-pandemic
Abu Dhabi, June 29, 2021 – As more shoppers continue to shift to e-commerce for all their needs, the growing demand for the fast delivery of their parcels is now changing the game in the world of business. Companies, especially small and medium enterprises (SMEs), are increasingly relying on last mile services to enhance the overall experience of their customers.
Globally, the last mile market is expected to experience an uptick to reach USD 53.4 billion by 2027, according to reportlinker.com, against the backdrop of strong e-commerce activities. The same upward trajectory is seen in the ......read more
29, June 2021: Attila Tassi scored his maiden victory in the WTCR - World Touring Car Cup with a composed drive in the second race at Estoril on Sunday to put ALL-INKL.DE Münnich Motorsport in the lead of the Teams’ Championship.
In a race where two of his fellow Honda Racing drivers might have taken top honours in different circumstances, the 22-year-old made sure he was in the right place to give the team its second win in as many race weekends at the start of the 2021 season.
Attila started the race fourth, burst into second off the line and held the position into Turn 1 despite a hit from behind, then passed his team-mate Tiago Monteiro when the Portuguese driver’s bonnet came loose before holding off a train of cars in the closing stages.
Having earlier finished seventh in Race One - in which he was ......read more
• BMW Group Plant Leipzig hosts Central German Hydrogen Summit
• Fourth hydrogen fuel station opens at Plant Leipzig
• Envisioning a green plant with fully decarbonised production
June 28, 2021: The BMW Group has clear goals for effective climate protection and sustainable mobility up to the year 2030 – and products and production are affected.
“Our solution to the challenges of environmental policy is technological innovation. Technology is where the key to the future lies – and it’s our constructive response for climate protection,” said Hans- Peter Kemser, Director of BMW Group Plant Leipzig. As a green plant, Leipzig aims not only to be carbon-neutral but also to operate carbon-free production. “Our vision is to fully ......read more
Italian brand celebrates the UAE motorsport scene, utilising its expertise to innovate and transform technologies from “track to road” through its Pirelli P ZERO™ range
Dubai, UAE – 27 June 2021: More than 740 cars, with over 447,000 combined horsepower have taken part in leading tyre manufacturer Pirelli’s track day events across the UAE held between September 2020 and May 2021. Car enthusiasts, including guests from some of the nation’s biggest car clubs, got behind the wheel at 16 adrenaline-filled track days in celebration of the ever-exciting scene, held at UAE’s top racetracks – Dubai Autodrome and Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina Circuit.
The events were designed with adventure and thrill-seekers in mind with Pirelli setting up a service van to conduct extensive tyre ......read more
• Unveiled today the 296 GTB, Ferrari’s new mid-rear-engined berlinetta sports car
• New Ferrari V6 hybrid architecture capable of delivering up to 830 cv
• The 296 GTB’s plug-in hybrid system maximises usability and driving pleasure
• The 296 GTB is also available with the extreme high-performance Assetto Fiorano package
27, June 2021 – The 296 GTB, the latest evolution of Maranello’s mid-rear-engined two-seater berlinetta, was premiered today during an online event broadcast on Ferrari’s social media and web channels. The 296 GTB redefines the whole concept of fun behind the wheel, guaranteeing pure emotions not just when pushing the car to its limits, but also in day-to-day driving situations.
The 296 GTB ushers ......read more
Dubai, UAE – 27, June 2021: Al-Futtaim Toyota continues to bring the most exciting models to the UAE market to delight its diverse customer-base, this time announcing the arrival of two new limited-edition variants of the Land Cruiser 70 Series – The Land Cruiser 76 and Land Cruiser 79 Overlander edition. Are Built on the legendary Land Cruiser platform known for its legendary ability to handle the world’s most demanding driving conditions.
Based on the Land Cruiser 70 hard top and double cab grades, the new five-seater models come with a 4.0L gasoline V6 engine mated with a 5-speed manual transmission. Equipped with front and rear TJM XGS Series 4000 SX Shocks and TJM XGS Coil Springs on the front providing improved vehicle control, exceptional ride comfort at increased ride height. Its ......read more
Dubai, UAE - June 27, 2021: Automechanika Dubai, the Middle East and Africa’s largest international automotive aftermarket trade show, has announced it will host the inaugural Automechanika Dubai Awards to recognise and award the top talent and highest performing organisations in the sector.
Nineteen awards across three distinct categories – Service Providers, People and Products and Training – will be announced on the first day of the three-day show, which will return to the Dubai World Trade Centre on 14th-16th December 2021.
Dr. Eng. Mustafa K. Aldah, Head of Light Vehicles Maintenance Section, Dubai Government Workshop and member of the judging panel, said: “We look forward to the awards because it is an initiative that both encourages excellence in the automotive repair sector and raises the ......read more
26 June, 2021: Saudi driver Reema Juffali will be competing on one of motorsport’s most iconic tracks over the coming days – and the 29-year-old driver will pay tribute to her Saudi heritage by wearing a personalized helmet.
As part of the Douglas Motorsport team, Juffali is taking part in the second stage of the British F3 Championship, where she will be aiming to build on her performance in the opening rounds which took place last month.
With the event taking place at Silverstone, one of the world’s most renowned motorsport venues, Juffali is relishing the prospect of competing on the track for the very first time.
“It’s the home of British motorsport and an iconic track, so to be racing here, and hopefully putting on a good show, is very exciting for me,” she ......read more
• New Rolls-Royce Collection of Wraith and Dawn Black Badge
• Landspeed Collection celebrates the records set by British engineer Captain George Eyston in Thunderbolt, powered by two Rolls-Royce R V12 aero engines
• Interior details recall the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, where Eyston pursued his record-breaking endeavours in 1937-38
• Salt Flats’ fissured texture is perfectly reproduced in the engraved fascia; steering-wheel detail mimics the dark track-line marked on the surface during record runs
• Starlight Headliner precisely depicts the night sky on 16 September 1938, when Eyston set his third and final land-speed record of 357.497 mph
• Silhouettes of the long-lost Thunderbolt, and its three record-breaking speeds, are laser-engraved on the front tunnel
• Subtle detail ......read more
· Unique Q by Aston Martin: Commision Vantage Roadster pays homage to only the third sports car created by the then fledgling British maker
· 2021 sees centenary celebrations for ‘A3’ – the oldest Aston Martin in existence with huge festival of Aston Martin sports cars
• Tribute edition created in cooperation with long-established dealer Aston Martin HWM
24 June 2021 - UAE: Aston Martin is celebrating the centenary of its oldest surviving car – ‘A3’ – by building a modern day tribute based on one of its most dynamic and exhilarating series production sports cars, the new Vantage Roadster.
It is 100 years since chassis No.3, now commonly known as ‘A3’, rolled gracefully out of the marque’s then production ......read more
BMW Group Middle East
The new BMW X3 M Competition and the new BMW X4 M Competition.
June 21, 2021: BMW M GmbH is refreshing the high-performance models of the Sports Activity Vehicle BMW X3 and the Sports Activity Coupé BMW X4 two years after their launch. In addition to new design features drawn from the BMW X3 and BMW X4 (see here for details), which have likewise been revised, along with M specific changes and a new operating concept, the new BMW X3 M Competition (combined fuel consumption: 11.0 – 10.8 l/100 km according to WLTP; combined CO2 emissions: 250 – 246 g/km according to WLTP) and the new BMW X4 M Competition (combined fuel consumption: 10.8 – 10.7 l/100 km according to WLTP; combined CO2 emissions: 247 – 238 g/km according to ......read more
Newly offered express service presents enhanced customer experience and convenience
Abu Dhabi, July 18, 2021 – In recognition of Al Masaood Automobiles’ commitment to offering high-quality service and superior customer experience, the Nissan service centre in Al Mussafah has been awarded the Nissan Express Service certification by Nissan Middle East.
The Nissan Express Service certification reflects anew Al Masaood Automobiles’ customer-centric approach to service through its consistent delivery of fast, accessible and quality automotive solutions to its customers. The ......read more
Appointment comes amidst rising regional demand for modular and prefabricated building solutions
Abu Dhabi, July 12, 2021— Al Masaood Bergum, one of the UAE’s leading modular and prefabricated building solutions providers and part of Al Masaood Group, has formally announced the appointment of Jens Otterstedt as its new General Manager.
Otterstedt will take the lead in helping Al Masaood’s construction division navigate the growing construction demand for prefabricated solutions manufactured locally to the best of global standards. Otterstedt joins with over ......read more
Hani Tannir to spearhead business development and generate new revenue streams for Group
Abu Dhabi, July 05, 2021—Al Masaood Group, a UAE-based conglomerate and a highly diversified family business in Abu Dhabi, has officially announced the appointment of Hani Tannir as the new Head of Commercial for Power, Construction and Marine divisions.
His new assignment falls within the Group’s framework to sustain its business transformation and advance its strategy to grow its B2B businesses amidst rapid market changes and developments. In his current role, Tannir is tasked to ......read more
Driving expansion and growth plans across Africa
June 30, 2021 – Mobility solutions provider Bridgestone has partnered with its counterpart Cacomiaf in the sub–Saharan Africa to launch its flagship retail brand First Stop in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. First Stop, an established tyre and car service retail chain in Africa and the Middle East, consolidates the decades-long experience of Bridgestone in the global automotive and mobility industry, while Cacomiaf is a pioneer in the field of tires and automotive mechanics in the Ivory Coast market.
As part of the partnership, both ......read more
• Jaguar Racing driver, Mitch Evans, finished in the points in round eight of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship
• Sam Bird climbed nine places through the field before a collision with Alex Lynn ended his race
• Mitch Evans is fifth in the Drivers’ Standings, only four points behind championship leader, Robin Frijns, while teammate Sam Bird sits in seventh
• Jaguar Racing remain in second place in the Teams’ World Championship, just six points behind Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team
• Round nine of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship ......read more
• The latest model is the fourth generation of the world-renowned Kia Carnival and arrives during the brand’s transformation towards the new brand identity and design strategy
• Initially launched back in 1998, over 2 million models of the brand’s flagship MPV have been sold since the first launch
• The Carnival incorporates the heritage of its predecessors, with solidity in its architecture and a futuristic, SUV-inspired design
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 20, 2021 — Kia celebrates a pivotal milestone as the Carnival marks two decades ......read more
June 17, 2021: While some people regard cars as a means of transport, others seek vehicles that complement their personalities, and a growing market segment is seeking the best of all worlds to cater to their dynamic personas. This fast-evolving customer base is on the lookout for cars that incorporate just the right sporty-vibe while also exuding luxury and style. Catering to that distinct demand, the INFINITI Q60 brings to the table high-end artisanship blended with superior interiors and powerful technology, representing the pinnacle of the luxury sports coupe segment.
More than ......read more
Trading Enterprises Honda, in conjunction with Honda Racing and Red Bull Racing, is bringing the Formula One show car to the UAE for a roadshow across the Emirates
Dubai, UAE, 17 June 2021: F1 fans rejoice! Al-Futtaim’s Trading Enterprises, the exclusive distributor of Honda vehicles in the UAE, will be taking the RB16B Red Bull Racing Honda F1 show car on an exciting roadshow touring across the Emirates. Designed for the 2021 Formula One season, fans in the UAE can get up close and personal, at different locations, with the car.
Honda has long enjoyed a ......read more
• Jaguar Racing drivers Mitch Evans and Sam Bird both ready to race in Mexico on the Autódromo Miguel E. Abed circuit for the first time
• British racing team are aiming for big points haul as they sit only two points behind Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team in the ABB FIA Formula E Teams’ World Championship
• The team will take to the new Formula E circuit, outside the colourful city of Puebla, for rounds eight and nine –– on Saturday 19 June at 16:00 (CDT) and Sunday 20 June 2021 at 16:00 (CDT)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, ......read more
16, June 2021: The first prototype of the new Maserati GranTurismo was driven out of the Maserati Innovation Lab and was photographed on the streets of Modena.
The new Maserati GranTurismo will be the Brand's first car to adopt a100% electric solution.
Ahead of the launch of the new model, the prototype cars are currently undergoing a period of intensive road and circuit testing, in various conditions of use, to acquire vital data for the preparation of the final setup.
Maserati produces a complete range of unique cars with an amazing ......read more
16, June 2021: Beauty and sustainable mobility will travel onboard with Maserati to the Italian Pavilion at Expo Dubai 2020. The sponsorship with Maserati will enrich the story of our Country and its wonders to an international audience visiting the Italian Pavilion during the six months of Expo - the first major global post-pandemic event - promoting those values of development and sustainable mobility that characterize its participation in the Exhibition.
Maserati builds on its roots to reinterpret the values of its territory through technological innovation and unique ......read more
16, June 2021: Ferrari N.V. (“Ferrari” or the “Company”) announces the appointment of Benedetto Vigna as the Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Vigna will join Ferrari on 1 September from STMicroelectronics (“ST”), where he is currently President of its Analog, MEMS (Micro-electromechanical Systems) and Sensors Group, ST’s largest and most profitable operating business in 2020. He is also a Member of the ST Group’s Executive Committee.
Commenting on the appointment, John Elkann, Chairman of Ferrari said: ......read more
PEUGEOT and Taaleem launch ‘Buckle Up!’ children’s story book to promote road safety
June 16, 2021: French automotive manufacturer PEUGEOT and local education provider Taaleem, have partnered together to create a children’s book titled Buckle Up! to promote road safety for school children.
The book highlights five road safety tips in an engaging and fun illustration to help teach children about safe behaviour on the road in an easy-to-understand manner.
Rakesh Nair, Managing Director for European Brands at Stellantis ME, said: “At ......read more
• Jaguar Land Rover announces hydrogen concept to be based on New Land Rover Defender
• Hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) prototype to begin testing in 2021
• Hydrogen FCEVs forecast to top 10 million by 2030 with 10,000 refuelling stations worldwide*
• Project part of company’s aim to achieve zero tailpipe emissions by 2036 and net zero carbon emissions across supply chain, products and operations by 2039
Tuesday 15, June 2021, Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Jaguar Land Rover is developing a prototype hydrogen fuel cell ......read more
Abu Dhabi, June 16, 2021 - Al Masaood Automobiles, Abu Dhabi’s leading car dealership and distributor of INFINITI in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and the Western Region, has recorded a double-digit increase in its local market share of INFINITI in 2020 and in the sales of its key INFINITI models, despite COVID-19 challenges.
INFINITI Abu Dhabi’s market share increased by 10 per cent last year following the company’s overachievement across key performance indicators (KPIs) in sales, after-sales, parts, technology and customer satisfaction. Al Masaood Automobiles also posted an ......read more
June 14, 2021: New look, improved equipment and an optimised range structure for the customer: BMW has given its successful Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) BMW X3 and the Sports Activity Coupé (SAC) BMW X4 a comprehensive refresh.
Sportier, more modern and more digital. For the second phase of the model cycle, BMW has refreshed its successful Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) BMW and the Sports Activity Coupé (SAC) BMW with a new look, improved equipment and a range structure which has been optimised for customers. The redesigned front end and revised rear section lend even clearer ......read more