Dubai, UAE, January 27, 2018: Exuding classical elegance, the Vertalis Tourbillon from Louis Moinet, intensifies the magic of a tourbillon escapement thanks to a dazzling open-work dial architecture. One arm of the highly-polished, hand-bevelled three-armed bridge supporting the tourbillon at 6 o’clock extends vertically to majestically support the main spring at 12 o’clock.
The Vertalis’ escapement is mounted in a rotating tourbillon cage that helps to maximise timekeeping precision by averaging the effects of positional variations caused by gravity, while the state of wind revealed by the visible main spring provides an organic indication of the available power.
Central rose gold-treated hour and minute hands as well as rose gold hour markers are thrown into stark relief by the luxuriant shimmer of a black Côtes du Jura guilloche while the exceptional 18-Kt rose and white gold case comprises 50 components including the signature Louis Moinet crown guard.
And Vertalis’ display-back is just as spectacular as the dial-side, with the ‘octopus spring’ of the winding and setting mechanism taking centre stage.
This delightful feature is effectively three springs in one – pull-out piece spring, lever spring and click spring –radiating from the centre like the swirling legs of an octopus, and surrounded by a main plate engraved with a Côtes du Jura motif.
Vertalis is a timepiece exuding classical elegance and a dazzling open-dial architecture, available in a limited edition of 12 pieces.
Features and Indications
- Central hours and minutes
- Highly visible main spring
- Superbly-polished and hand-bevelled vertical bridge
- Display-back octopus spring
Dial and Hands
- Côte du Jura guilloche
- Hour and minute hands in gold
Movement and Finishing
- Exclusive tourbillon movement
- Winding: Manual
- Oscillations: 21,600 vph
- Frequency: 3 Hz
- Lines: 14 ½
- Power reserve: 72 hours
- Tourbillon carriage: 1 rotation per minute
- Jewels: 19
- Escapement: Side lever
- Blued-steel screws
Case and Strap
- Case: Original design by Louis Moinet, made up of 50 parts
- Material: 5N rose gold and white gold
- Case diameter: 47mm
- Water resistance: 30m
- Crystals: Two Sapphire crystals with anti-reflective treatment
- Caseback: Secured with four screws, engraved with individual number and Louis Moinet markings
- Strap: Louisiana alligator leather, hand-sewn, 24 mm width between lugs
- Buckle: 18K rose gold folding clasp bearing Louis Moinet symbol