New DSLR leverages its award-winning D7000 series pedigree, while introducing advanced imaging technologies in a lighter, compact body to keep up with a photographer’s adventures
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, April 13, 2017: Nikon Middle East FZE announces the launch of Nikon D7500, a camera designed to fuel the passion of photographers. Nikon’s newest DX-format DSLR combines the performance of class-leading DSLR photography with outstanding agility and operability, creating endless possibilities for core photography enthusiasts and those on a quest to perfect their craft.
“Intended to inspire budding photographers and video enthusiasts, the new D7500 builds on the DNA of the DX-format flagship D500 with the same high-performance EXPEED 5 image-processing engine. This Nikon DSLR, significantly improved from its predecessor, the D7200, has its performance and build focus on helping them chase and capture great photography moments,” said Narendra Menon, General Manager, Nikon Middle East FZE. “Nikon has combined 4K UHD video recording finesse, and outstanding low-light and subject acquisition capabilities for its still images’ capture, within an improved camera body to provide a refined photography experience.”
The D7500, with vibrant 4K UHD video support to capture cinematic adventures, is equipped with a high-performance EXPEED 5 image-processing engine and an updated Nikon DX-format 20.9-megapixel CMOS sensor, a combination that creates images with superior definition and reduced noise even at higher ISO values. Both are inherited from the Nikon D500, allowing photographers to embrace their full creative potential and freeing them from the constraints of challenging shooting environments. The new Nikon DX-format sensor also has a native ISO range of 100 to 512001 to provide minimal noise in low-light scenarios.
Further supporting the unlimited possibilities for image creation is improved subject acquisition with the highly precise Autofocus (AF), Auto Exposure (AE), and auto white balance performance, delivered by the 180K-pixel RGB sensor and 51-point AF System. The latest DSLR also seizes the picture-perfect moments with a high-speed continuous capture of up to 50 shots2 with each burst of approximately 8 frames-per-second3 (14-bit RAW images with lossless compression applied). All of these features are packed into a re-designed camera body that is lighter and more compact, with a deeper grip to provide secure handling and agility for the freedom of movement.
For superior shots and great adventures to be shared on-the-move, SnapBridge4 and built-in Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® are made available.
D7500 Primary Features
- Expressive, professional video in 4K: Ultra-high quality, bold and sumptuous video content of the Northern Lights or the urban landscape of a bustling concrete jungle can be created with support for 4K UHD video in 2160/30p format for both regular5 and time-lapse formats.
- Image quality that defies limitations: With the new D7500, photographers are able to push their cameras to the limit in challenging shooting environments. Go out to the deserts, explore the vast tropical forests and its flora and fauna, and capture images of vibrant true-to-life colours, thanks to the updated Nikon DX-format 20.9-megapixel CMOS sensor and a high-performance EXPEED 5 image-processing engine. High-definition image quality with minimised noise, even in low-light environments, is maintained with an ISO range up to 512001.
- Life in the fast lane: The tracking and capture of subjects in movement has also been made easier with an array of new features that ensure speed and precision. A 51-point AF system and high-speed continuous shooting at up to approximately 8fps3 help to ensure those spontaneous action moments of a marathon or a surfer’s wave, are never missed. For photographers looking for greater freedom and creative control, the D7500 has the ability to shoot up to 50 shots2 in 14-bit lossless compressed RAW, with extended buffer capacity. This speed is accompanied by a 180K-pixel RGB sensor, also found in the D500, which supports an Advanced Scene Recognition System for improved face detection performance for auto-area AF and enhanced subject acquisition performance for group-area AF and 3D tracking. To prevent blown-out highlights, the new option for highlight-weighted metering6 is also available.
- Processes made easy: Expanded multiple exposure options and in-camera RAW processing options are now available as new features. Individual images and composition or partially overlaid images that make up a multiple exposure shot can be previewed while shooting, with the option to save all or selected images to be combined on a computer after shooting. The enhanced multiple exposure also simplifies the image creation process by providing the option to delete or retake the last image.
- Keeping up with the travels: For photographers on the move, convenient handling and greater manoeuvrability are provided from a slimmer and lighter DSLR body of approximately 720g7. The camera’s lightweight and slim form is ergonomically designed with a deeper handgrip that is both comfortable and secure to hold for hands of all sizes, especially during handheld shooting without a tripod. This is due to the adoption of a monocoque body structure, which reduces both size and weight without sacrificing durability or strength.
- Convenient connectivity: Equipped with support for SnapBridge4, photographers are able to remain conveniently connected to their smart devices. Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® enable the continuous transfer8 of images and video files to a paired smart device9 via the SnapBridge mobile application for on-the-go social sharing. SnapBridge also provides a suite of additional functions, such as remote shooting, automatic update of camera’s time and location information, embedding of credit information, reception of firmware updates as well as automatic uploads and cloud storage on NIKON IMAGE SPACE10.
- The range of supported ISO sensitivities can be extended to Lo 1 (ISO 50 equivalent) and up to Hi 5 (ISO 1640000 equivalent)
- When a 16-GB SanDisk SDHC UHS-I memory card (SDSDXPA-016G-J35) is used, and an ISO sensitivity setting of ISO 100 is applied. More or fewer shots may be possible depending upon shooting conditions and/or camera setting
- When using continuous-servo AF, manual or shutter-priority auto exposure, a shutter speed of 1/250s or faster, and other settings at default values
- SnapBridge can be used with a compatible iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® or smart devices running the Android™ operating system with the SnapBridge app installed. The app can be downloaded free from Apple App Store® and Google Play™. The camera cannot be directly paired with a smart device using Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi can be used by enabling it after the camera has been paired with the smart device using Bluetooth®
- Maximum recording time in 4K UHD is approximately 29 minutes 59 seconds
- When CPU lens is attached, centre-weighted metering is used
- Measured in accordance with CIPA standards including the battery and SD memory card, excluding body cap
- Images (JPEG) reduced to 2-megapixel equivalent can be transferred automatically. RAW/TIFF data cannot be transferred. Movies can be transferred by switching to Wi-Fi®
- Android 5.0 or later or 6.0.1 or later is required. A device with Bluetooth 4.0 or later (i.e. a device that supports Bluetooth Low Energy) is necessary. iOS 8.4 or later or iOS 9.1 or later is required. iPhone 5 or later, fourth-generation iPad with Bluetooth 4.0 or later (i.e. a device that supports Bluetooth Low Energy) is necessary. There is no guarantee that this app will run on all Android devices. Movie transfers are only possible with smart devices that support Wi-Fi
- To upload images automatically to NIKON IMAGE SPACE, Nikon ID registration (free) is required, which can be easily setup via [Nikon ID registration/change] menu on the SnapBridge application. Only when uploading to NIKON IMAGE SPACE via SnapBridge, JPEG data reduced to 2-megapixel equivalent can be uploaded unlimitedly in number and capacity
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon Corporation is under license.
Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Apple®, App Store®, the Apple logos, iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch® are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Android™ and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google Inc.
Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
The D7500 will be available from June 2017 with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens.