His Excellency Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gergawi
Chairman of the Museum of the Future
Your Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai,
Ladies and gentlemen,
It is our greatest pleasure to welcome you today to the opening of the Museum of the Future, the new centre for the world to envisage the future and to collaborate on designing and conceiving our human development.
This is how His Highness envisioned it when it was just an idea and an architectural drawing.
The new civilized edifice reflects the philosophy of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed, and embodies concepts we have championed over the years.
Allow me to summarize this reflection in seven points:
• The Museum reflects His Highness' passion for the future. Sheikh Mohammed taught us that understanding the future and envisioning it before others, generates the greatest opportunities and impels nations towards development.
• His highness envisioned Dubai as a centre for tourism, culture, trade and opportunity. He saw the future of this city as bright and beautiful.
• Today, this passion for the future will be reflected in our icon for the future, a global platform for defining new opportunities for all of humanity.
• It lies in one of the main ideas His Highness enunciates, that nothing is impossible and ambition has no limits. There is no greater challenge that the human mind, with all its potential, energy and determination, cannot overcome.
• When building Burj Khalifa, Sheikh Mohammed requested it be the tallest building in the world. When building the Palm Island, His Highness requested it to be the largest man-made island in history. When we wanted to launch a new space mission, Sheikh Mohammed asked team to reach Mars. Sheikh Mohammed promised the world that Expo 2020 Dubai would be the best in the history of international exhibitions, and once again His Highness has fulfilled his promise.
• This building resembles His Highness' belief that nothing is impossible.
The third reflection:
• Sheikh Mohammed believes in the power of ideas in creating the future, changing lives and driving human development.
• The Museum of the Future reflects the philosophy of His Highness, as it will be a factory for futuristic ideas.
• This new civilized edifice will play a pivotal role in applying one of the main values established by His Highness during his 50 years of leadership.
• His Highness believes that the UAE is destined to be a model and play a positive role in this region.
• His Highness believes in our important role in reigniting the civilization of this region, which has been leading the world scientifically, cognitively and culturally for more than ten centuries.
The fifth reflection:
• This is the most beautiful building on earth. It is beautiful because of its design, it is beautiful because of its message and it is beautiful because of its purpose.
• Sheikh Mohammed says that the beauty around us is reflected on us, and that the beauty inside us will be seen in our projects.
• That is why this Museum resembles to the philosophy and vision of His Highness…
The sixth reflection:
• This Museum is a “living Museum”, with constantly changing contents and exhibits.
• It will be a center of many live discussions, specialized forums and futuristic seminars.
• In this, it reflects Sheikh Mohammed's philosophy of life.
The seventh reflection:
• It is about the bet on technology.. When the world was hesitatingly dealing with the Internet revolution, Sheikh Mohammed was confident about it, making Dubai its capital.
• The Museum will continuously search for the latest technologies the future holds for us. It will be the largest laboratory for the technologies of the cities of the future, the communities of the future and the governments of the future.
Ladies and gentlemen,
• The façade of this Museum holds one of the inspirational quotes of H.H Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum: “We may not live for hundreds of years, but the products of our creativity can leave a legacy long after we are gone.”
• This new edifice of knowledge will be a headquarter for creativity, influence, development and a tool for change.
• That is how His Excellency envisioned the Museum, and this how it will be.
Thank you and wish all peace and prosper..