Danfoss launches a new series of APP W HC pumps specially designed and built for Zero Liquid Discharge and Minimal Liquid Discharge (ZLD/MLD) industrial wastewater treatment, that can deliver total efficiency rates of 90% at pressures up to 120 bar.
UAE, Dubai, 20 November 2018: In response to the growing demand for energy efficient ZLD/MLD solutions in the Middle East, Danfoss now releases its first APP pumps targeting large capacity industrial wastewater treatment plants.
The new APP W HC pumps that handle flow ranges from 11 to 24 m3/hour are made of Duplex stainless steel to provide maximum corrosion protection.
The ZLD/MLD APP pumps can be parallel-coupled to fulfil the required capacity at any time. If one of the pumps is out for maintenance, the remaining pumps automatically take over the full operation allowing the plant to run full speed around the clock.
“The UAE has immense dependence on water technologies that can contribute to achieving universal access to safe quality water. The APP pumps instantly adjust to ensure constant flow and efficiency in the ZLD/MLD processes. Operation is extremely easy, since changes in pressure impact neither flow nor efficiency,” said Ziad Al Bawaliz Danfoss Regional President for Turkey, Middle East and Africa (TMA).
“For the last 15 years, our axial piston pumps have proved their efficiency in reverse osmosis desalination. We have applied this know-how to match the demands of wastewater market in the region. At Danfoss, we believe that taking this step can intensify the call for sustainability and energy source diversification in the regional and global water industry. Introducing our newest technologies at the Water, Energy, Technology and Environment Exhibition (WETEX) this year moves us forward to a brighter sustainable future,” he added.
The APP W HC pumps deliver a constant flow no matter amounts and quality of the industrial wastewater. The simple pump design with few parts allows easy installation, inspection and maintenance, and can be operated without oil to prevent contamination.
Danfoss high pressure pumps for ZLD/MLD industrial wastewater treatment
The APP portfolio for ZLD/MLD industrial wastewater treatment comprises the following pump sizes:
- APP W HC 15 with a flow range of 11-15 m3/h (48-66 gpm)
- APP W HC 21 with a flow range of 11-21 m3/h (48-92 gpm)
- APP W HC 24 with a flow range of 11-24 m3/h (48-106 gpm)
All pumps are approved for pressures up to 120 bar (1740 psi)
APP W HC benefits at a glance:
- World-class efficiency – up to 90% at all operation points
- Substantial energy savings up to 75 % compared to traditional thermal evaporation systems
- Made of first-class Duplex steel to prevent corrosion in aggressive environments
- Easy scalability when coupled in parallel
- Low complexity with few moving parts and few system components
- Easy to operate and maintain
- The pump is oil-free to avoid contamination