Dubai, 11 December 2017: Hamdan Bin Mohammed Heritage Center (HHC) has announced the opening of the registration in Fazza Championships for Falconry 2018.
The first in the series: Fazza Championship for Falconry Tilwah (lures) will kick-start on the 2nd until the 15 of January 2018. The following falconry tournament: Fakhr Al Ajyal will take place from the 1st till the 15th of February 2018. Contestants willing to participate this season can register by going directly to the F3 parking area at Global Village in Dubai.
This year, the qualification system for the championships, which are organized annually by HHC and are hosted in their established dedicated location in Ruwyya, Dubai, has completely changed to direct “win” matches.
With this regard Ms. Souad Ibrahim Darwish, Director of Championships at HHC said, “This season the system of the falconry competitions will be completely changed. In the previous years, we had qualifying rounds for each category of falcons followed by the finals. This year there will be five matches almost every day whereby a number of categories will compete. Winners and results will be immediately announced after each match. The new system will enhance sportsmanship and proficiency of falconers who will be tested to the limit of their skills. The winners in each match will be awarded valuable prizes.”
RC Airplane Falconry Championships will still have qualifying rounds.
Registration Terms and Conditions:
- Registration is open to all nationalities.
- Contestants must complete their first name, second and surnames.
- Registrants must show their valid Emirates ID. Non-residing registrants must show their passports.
- An undertaking letter from the owner or his authorized signatory is required about the ownership of the falcon.
- The falcon owner or his authorised signatory must sign the registration form and will be responsible for any incorrect data.
- Fees of 50 AED will be applied when fitting a smart ring.
- Admin fees of 500 AED apply in case of transfer of a falcon's ownership and changing the owner's name.
- Additional admin fees of 50 AED will apply in case of loss of the smart ring.
- In case of proven damage to the smart ring fitted by the championship's committee, a new ring will be issued without any additional charges.
- One week prior to the championship's start day, registration will be closed and no replacements or lost rings will be issued.
- The Committee will not allow any “pure” falcons to participate without a smart chip or ring.
- If the data on the smart ring is not properly showing the falcon's origin, or its type, and there is no official document or evidence for this information, the registration committee will review and decide whether to accept or reject the registration.
- If cheating or fraud is suspected, or the falcon's smart ring was opened or removed by the participant, one of the following penalties will apply as decided by the Championship's Head of Committee:
a. A penalty of 1000 Dirhams
b. Cancel his participation in one of Fazza Championships for Falconry, and the participant will not be allowed to activate or transfer the ownership of the falcons registered under his name in all the categories.
c. Cancel his participation for one season in the Fazza Championships for Falconry and the participant will not be allowed to activate or transfer the ownership of the falcons registered under his name in all the categories.
14.Unregistered falcons and falcons without the smart ring will be denied participation at the Fazza Championships for Falconry.
15.Falcons with smart rings from Abu Dhabi Falconry Club are allowed to participate in Fazza Championships for Falconry.