Dubai, UAE, November 19, 2017: Residents of the United Arab Emirates can now apply for visas to Finland at the new Finland Visa Application Centres launched in Abu Dhabi and Dubai by the Embassy of Finland in Abu Dhabi,on 16 November 2017. Applicants can visit the new centres, operatedby VFS Global,to submit visa applications and enrol for biometrics.
The Abu Dhabi centre, centrally located at Shining Tower on Mubarak Bin Mohammed Street,was inaugurated by H.E. Ms.Riitta Swan, Ambassadorof Finland to the United Arab Emirates on 16 November 2017. The centre in Dubai is located at the Wafi Mall.
Services at the new centres are designed to facilitate quicker and more streamlined visa application submission processes. For added convenience to applicants, the centres will also provide travellers to Finland a range of optional services ranging from Premium Lounge services to doorstep courier return-delivery of their processed passports.
Commenting on the launches, H.E. Ms.Riitta Swan, Ambassadorof Finland to the United Arab Emirates,said, “The Embassyof Finland is very happy to launch the outsourcing of visa applications with VFS Global today. It is our firm belief that our customers will welcome the improvements in customer service and visa handling, which is our aim together with VFS Global. As the holiday season and the end of the year festivities approach it is our pleasure to welcome tourists and other travellers to Finland. I knowthat Santa Clause and his elvesare getting ready for the season -and so are we!”.
Mr. Vinay Malhotra, COO –Middle East & South Asia, VFS Global, said, “VFS Global is honoured and privileged to extend services for the Embassy of Finland inthe Middle East. While VFS Global has served the Government of Finland since 2010 through Visa Application Centres worldwide, these two centres in Abu Dhabi and Dubai are the first such launched in the Middle East region for this esteemed client government. We are confident to provide, the residents of the United Arab Emirateswithproficient and world-class visa services, and we arecommitted to delivering the highest levels of satisfaction for applicants.”
In the Middle East, VFS Global currently provides visa application processing services on behalfof 33client governments, since it commenced its first opertions inthe United Arab Emirates in 2004. For the Government of Finland, VFS Global provides visa application processing services in 14 countries.
Key features of the centres include:
- Convenient and central locations
- Professional staff with local language capability to handle queries and applications
- Well-appointed centresfor enhanced comfort of applicantsVFS Globalwww.vfsglobal.com
- Mobile Biometrics Service to collect applicant's biometrics and visa application forms from a location of their choice
- Premium Lounge for personalised and comfortable service
- Prime Time service providing applicants with the option to apply outside of regular business hours
- Automated Queue Management Systemfor quicker submission processes
- Photocopy and photo-booth facilities available
- Dedicated website for easy access to information including visa categories, requirements, checklists, applicable feesand visa status updates
- Dedicated helpline support to answer queries
- Door-step delivery of passports