New powerhouse gaming portfolio delivers cutting-edge designs, with the performance demanded by those relentlessly pursuing legendary status
Dubai, UAE, June 18, 2017: Today, HP Inc. unleveled the playing field with the launch of an entirely new, cutting-edge and comprehensive portfolio of OMEN by HP gaming products. Re-designed and re-engineered from the ground up, the new lineup gives esports athletes and competitive gamers the edge and confidence needed to perform at the highest global level. Every inch inside and out of the new OMEN PCs, displays and accessories are packed with features designed to target the needs of gamers around the world, instantly changing the game like never before.
- The OMEN X Compact Desktop provides a factory-overclocked GPU from NVIDIA® and a versatile form-factor, creating the ability to dock and undock quickly for gaming in any room, or attach the desktop to a backpack accessory for an unparalled, untethered VR experience.
- The addition of a backpack accessory to the OMEN X Compact Desktop adds a new dimension of flexibility to the platform, and by expanding the OMEN accessory lineup with a new OMEN mechanical keyboard, a mouse with weight customization, a a headset6 with cushioned ear cups to reduce background noise and mousepads designed for precision, HP is bringing attention to every aspect of the gaming experience.
- The new OMEN Desktop offers advanced thermal engineering, a modern, powerful design and access to industry standard parts for easy upgradability.
- To round out the OMEN PC lineup, HP is bringing gamers new OMEN 15 and OMEN 17 laptops, with the latest high-performance graphics from NVIDIA® and high-resolution displays with optional G-Sync™ technology for fast refresh rates and a single-access service panel.
“OMEN by HP is one of the fastest growing major PC gaming brands today,” said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, head of consumer personal systems EMEA, HP Inc. “Gamers and eSports athletes want the coolest, most innovative and powerful products on the market with the designs they crave. With our reinvention of the entire OMEN portfolio – from design, form-factor, engineering and performance – we are helping them compete at the highest level.”
New OMEN Gaming Family: Unleash Top-Performance to DOMINATE THE GAME
OMEN X by HP Compact Desktop – Versatility, Flexibility, Mobility and Powerful Performance
The OMEN X by HP Compact Desktop is built with a clear focus on pushing the limits of hardware in a small package. The new product in the OMEN X portfolio, first unveiled last year as a concept, was refined as a result of feedback from game and VR developers. The key insights from the OMEN X VR Backpack PC last May allowed the company to bring an incredibly thoughtful design with accessories to push the limits of how gamers can interact with hardware. HP built the OMEN X Compact Desktop with the highest performing parts available, introducing an easily transportable and adaptable system, perfect for players of esports and VR enthusiasts.
- Factory-overclocked NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 provides the horsepower needed for gaming at 4K resolutions3, or a flawless VR experience. The adaptable form factor enables an easy transition from the desk to the living room. The 4K gaming capabilities are critical to keep pace with the transition of televisions to 4K resolutions.
- Advanced thermal and electrical engineering provides additional headroom for at-home CPU overclocking8, optimized for higher wattage and voltage requirements.
- Available with Intel® 7th gen unlocked Intel® Core™ i7 CPU options4.
- OMEN Command Center reduces latency by giving gamers greater control over network traffic, and can support simultaneous data streams, so gaming traffic is routed over the Ethernet connection while background updates or downloads run on the Wi-Fi connection9.
- DTS Headphone:X® support for simulated surround sound when using headphones6, enhancing games and adding to a full 360-degree VR experience.
The OMEN X Compact Desktop also brings gamers a level of immersion that extends past supporting the latest hardware. The newest desktop to boldly carry the OMEN X moniker is tailored to provide the ultimate gaming and VR experience. The VR backpack, included with the OMEN X Compact Desktop, provides free movement and in turn a truly immersive, untethered experience.
- Full docking capabilities allow gamers to simply drop the OMEN X into the included docking station and instantly connect to a range of their favorite gaming accessories without worrying about a mess of multiple cables.
- Hot-swappable batteries enable extended VR sessions without shutting down the PC, so gamers don't have to wait to keep playing. HP includes four batteries and a charging dock with the backpack accessory so users can charge two batteries while using the other two simultaneously. Additionally, the convenient placement of the batteries on the backpack harness means never having to remove the backpack to swap the batteries.
- The strategic placement of fan exhaust and an angled mounting plate positions the top of the PC and vents away from users to help reduce heat transfer to the body.
- The backpack accessory includes shortened cables to keep gamers immersed and not worrying about tripping over long cables while locking cables and hooks hold the VR headset securely in place.
New OMEN by HP Desktop – The Battle Armor Needed to Perform in the Gaming Arena
The newest OMEN by HP Desktop is designed for the true performance gamer with features to enhance functionality and usability. OMEN X products are overbuilt and over-engineered hardware meant to deliver bold innovation in the gaming space, and the OMEN Desktop leverages key features from the OMEN X desktop to provide gamers the ultimate experience. As a result, the new tower from OMEN brings the ability to accommodate new hardware combinations, including easy upgrades because of HP's use of primarily industry standard parts, and leverages improved cooling to allow gamers to push the system's limits.
- High-performance graphics up to dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti (SLI) or dual AMD Radeon™ RX 580 (Crossfire), for the graphics horsepower to run the most demanding games at maxed out settings and resolutions higher than 1080p2.
- 7th gen Intel® Core™ i5/i7 CPUs4with unlocked options for overclocking8, or overclockable AMD Ryzen™ CPUs for raw computing power to handle massive multiplayer games or serious multi-tasking.
- Thermal engineering with all-around edge vents and optional liquid cooling, for more efficient heat dissipation and additional thermal headroom for overclocking8.
- Optional PCIe SSD or SSD+HDD storage10 options for quick responsiveness, fast bootup, game loading, and application installation.
- OMEN Command Center with Overclocking8 to improve CPU performance on the fly, and Newtork Booster to move gaming network traffic to the front of the line and reduce latency in online games.
OMEN by HP Laptops – Fighter Jet and Spacecraft-Inspired Designs with Cutting-Edge Technology
The OMEN by HP 15 and OMEN by HP 17 laptops were completely reinvented and redesigned in 2017 to offer a design built for gamers, with more expansion capabilities, additional ports and more VR compatibility. The result, a performance packed PC with exceptional gaming capabilities in a compact package, helps ensure gamers can play the latest titles on-the-go and in any environment. The OMEN 15 is available with a wide range of options designed to deliver performance, optimize the gaming experience, enhance gameplay and limit outside distractions. The OMEN 17 supports some of the fastest technologies available today to help ensure gamers can push high frame-rates on the latest AAA games with a broad range of options targeted at delivering unprecedented performance across all aspects of gaming.
- High-performance GPUs on the OMEN 15 up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with Max Q design for the graphics horsepower to run games at 1080p and beyond. The OMEN 17 can be configured with up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 for the graphics horsepower to push games at 1440p and higher.
- 7th-gen Intel® Core™-i Quad Core CPUs for raw computing power to handle massive multiplayer games, serious multi-tasking or the latest esports titles that require heavy lifting by the CPU to hit 100+ FPS
- High-performance cooling on the OMEN laptops brings a multi-fan/multi-heat pipe/multi-exhaust thermal solution to keep things running cool and reduce the risk of throttling during heavy gaming sessions.
- Play with DTS Headphone:X® for 360 degree, immersive surround sound with any headset, or simply power up and use the integrated HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen. HP Audio Boost technology with a discrete amp brings improved volume.
- Dragon-red backlit keyboard optimized for gaming with red accented WASD keys and white backlight for easy identification, 26-key rollover anti-ghosting function and separated, full-size arrow keys to help reduce accidental key presses
- 4K display3 option for high-resolution content playback, or a 120Hz 1080p display option for fast refresh-rates11 with NVIDIA® G-Sync™
- Easy upgradeability and accessibility with a single access panel to HDD, SSD, and RAM
- VR-ready configurations available for exceptional gaming in virtual reality
OMEN by HP Accessories – Details Matters, Compliment your Senses
As HP redesigned the OMEN portfolio from top-to-bottom, the company focused on OMEN accessories to complement and enhance the user experience with the overall lineup of products. The enhancement of the OMEN accessories brings several feature improvements over previous generation products. The results deliver an entirely new gamer-centric lineup that demonstrates full portfolio commitment to the gaming community. Together, the OMEN keyboard, mouse and headset push the OMEN ecosystem to deliver an unrivaled gaming experience.
- OMEN by HP is delivering greater accuracy with the OMEN Keyboard 1100's mechanical keyboard switches and N-key Rollover for anti-ghosting
- Optimized control in the OMEN Mouse 600 with customizable weight features and added durability with mechanical switches with up to a 50 million clicks.
- Increased comfort and sound clarity with the OMEN Headset 800 with thicker ear cups and boosted the overall acoustic performance for clear high, low, and mid-tones, and a specifically tuned audio profile for clear speech6
OMEN by HP Displays – Every Movement Matters, Every Framerate Counts
The display quality for gamers affects the overall gaming experience and to round out the OMEN ecosystem, HP is introducing two new display options for performance gamers, the OMEN by HP 25 and OMEN by HP 27 displays. HP built each display to meet the needs of a specific type of gamer, sharing many of the same design elements, but tailoring the features for each display. The OMEN 25 is optimized for 1080p resolution gaming with competitive framerates and enhanced refresh rates with AMD FreeSync™ when paired with an AMD Radeon™ GPU7. The OMEN 27 brings speed and the right features like NVIDIA® G-Sync® to enable fluidity, and deliver a display built for both performance gamers and esports athletes.
OMEN by HP 25:
- Overclockable8 to enable a response time as low as 1ms11 to reduce lag and ghosting.
- 144Hz refresh rate11 is over twice as fast as a standard 60Hz panel for smoother gameplay.
- AMD FreeSync™ technology7 synchronizes the GPU to the display for an ultra-smooth, lag-free experience that eliminates stuttering and tearing.
- An integrated cable management clip on the stand allows gamers to keep everything managed cleanly behind the display and the headset hook means the headset isn't in the way, but is close for when the next session begins.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports allow connection to various USB devices acting as a USB hub - keyboards, mice, and even special controllers such as steering wheels and joysticks.
- DisplayPort™ is the recommended connection for maximizing refresh rate with FreeSync™ technology7, but gamers can also utilize the HDMI port to attach a console, giving gamers the ability to leverage one display for multiple gaming platforms.
OMEN by HP 27:
- QHD resolution1 with 70% more pixels than a FullHD panel, so gamers can crank up their resolution for more detailed visuals and immersive gameplay.
- Overclockable TN panel to enable a response time as low as 1ms11 to reduce lag and ghosting.
- 165Hz refresh rate11, nearly three times as fast as a traditional 60Hz panel.
- NVIDIA® G-Sync® technology which dynamically matches the refresh rate of the display to the frame rate output of the GPU, eliminating tearing, minimizing stutter and input lag.
- As with the OMEN 25, the OMEN 27 is equipped with an integrated cable management clip on the stand and a headset hook to keep the battle station clean and ready for the next opportunity to dominate the competition.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports ensure gamers can connect any peripheral needed while competing.
OMEN by HP – Official Partner of the Overwatch World Cup
OMEN by HP is determined to inspire gamers everywhere to never stop improving. To be better today than they were yesterday. To dominate the game.
To that end, HP was inspired not only to deliver the best gaming experience with the new OMEN line-up but to get in the action itself. Kicking off this summer, the company is teaming up with Blizzard® Entertainment for the Overwatch World Cup 2017. As the Official PC partner, HP's hardware will be fueling the competitive gameplay of the world's best Overwatch™ eSports athletes to compete and win.
OMEN by HP Pricing and Availability12
- The OMEN X Compact Desktop with backpack accessory included will be available in the UAE in August starting at AED 12,999.
- The OMEN Desktop will be available in the UAE in June starting at AED 6,999.
- The OMEN 15 laptop will be available in the UAE in June starting at AED 4,999.
- The OMEN 17 Laptop will be available in the UAE in June starting at AED 5,499.
- The OMEN 25 and OMEN 27 displays will be available in the UAE in July starting at AED 1,358 and AED 3,505, respectively.
- The OMEN Keyboard 1100 will be available in the UAE in June starting at AED 499.
- The OMEN Mouse 600 will be available in the UAE in June starting at AED 299.
- The OMEN Headset 800 will be available in the UAE in June starting at AED 349.