Outstanding members of the financial services industry were awarded by CISI at the prestigious annual UAE Awards Ceremony 2018 at the Emirates Golf Club
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 28 March 2018: In celebration of its 12th anniversary in the UAE, leading professional body for securities, investments, wealth and financial planning professionals, Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) recognised top performers who demonstrated excellent work in their respective professions, embodying CISI's commitment to raising professional standards of ethics and integrity in the financial services industry.
The invitation-only event was held at the Emirates Golf Club yesterday and was attended by more than 50 senior industry professionals, CISI members and corporate supporters from across the emirates. The awards ceremony is CISI's principal social occasion of the year, celebrating both its 2017 high exam achievers and CISI's milestones in the region.
Matthew Cowan, Regional Director Middle East at the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment said: “The well-attended event is in itself an achievement of our endless pursuit to raise standards of professionalism in the UAE's financial services industry.
We have seen a tremendous growth in qualified financial professionals in the region and are pleased to see more members of the public and private sectors supporting CISI.
It's important to acknowledge the effort that goes into attaining these qualifications, and it was a pleasure to celebrate their success at the event.”
Outstanding achievement awards were presented to the below individuals at the event:
- UAE Financial Rules & Regulations – Michael Christofis, Consultant, (deVere Acuma)
- International Introduction to Securities & Investment – Alexander Eason, Business Development Associate (deVere Acuma)
- Global Securities – Islam Mahrous Sayed Abdelrahim, Compliance Officer (Integrated Securities LLC)
- International Certificate in Wealth and Investment Management – Mohsin Wasim Nayyer, Premier Wealth Relationship Manager (HSBC)
- Risk in Financial Services – Rajashree Anand, Former Product Manager – Investments, Wealth Management (RAK Bank)
- Investment Advice Diploma Full Award – Alex Rignall ACSI, Disruptive Financial Educator
- Fundamentals of Islamic Banking and Finance – Jiten Parikh, Wealth Manager (First Abu Dhabi Bank)
- Islamic Finance Qualification – Lama Aboughali, Senior Vice President (Investment Authority, Abwab Capital)
- International Certificate in Advanced Wealth Management – Peter Shaw Chartered MCSI Wealth Manager (Mondial Dubai LLC)
- Highest Narrative Exam Achiever: Corporate Finance Strategy & Advice (Diploma) – Omar Kaedbey, Manager – Transaction Advisory Services (Ernest & Young)