What it is, why it is important, and why you need skinade®!
Dubai, UAE, February 11, 2018: Many of us have heard of collagen and that it's the make-or-break molecule for healthy skin, but how much do we actually know about it? Collagen is part of the skin's structure that helps maintain elasticity which in turn keeps us looking youthful. It is the most important factor for visible skin health, and so is being used as an ingredient in many skincare products.
Here are five things to know about collagen:
- Collagen comes from the Greek word “kolla” which means “glue.” So, the word collagen literally means “producer of glue.”
- Collagen accounts for around 75% of youthful skin, forming the main structural element of the skin in the dermis layer. It provides the structure which supports the epidermis and gives your skin its youthful fullness. When collagen molecules are damaged, skin loses its elasticity and begins to sag, wrinkle and age.
- In addition to its structural role, collagen also regulates the activity of fibroblasts in the skin. Fibroblasts are the cells that are responsible for rebuilding the connective tissue, and they play a critical role in the healing of wounds.
- In order to maintain healthy skin function, and to help with the natural production of collagen, it's important to have a bioavailable source of vitamin C.
- As the body ages, it loses the ability to produce new collagen. This affects the production and activity of the fibroblasts, which, in turn, produce less and less collagen over time.
While depletion of collagen is ultimately inevitable, it's important to know that there are several factors that speed it up. These offenders include smoking, excessive sun exposure, and pollution, to name a few.
If you're looking to rebuild collagen, look no further than skinade®, the multi-award-winning skincare collagen drink that nourishes skin from the inside, allowing for a more youthful, glowing and radiant complexion.
With prices starting from AED 800, skinade® packages are available from Iwona Specialty Clinic, Sansaya Cosmetic Surgery and Dental Clinic, Euromed Medical Center, Rose Arbaji, So Spa - Sofitel The Palm, Hauteletic, Kalm Holistic Beauty.