lifestyle
family

Kids & Teens

Women

Health & Fittness

Education & Training

Your Home

Clubs & Orgs.


Local Media

Government

Info Line



Be Careful of Rats Droppings

A stock clerk was sent to clean up a storeroom. When he got back, he was complaining that the storeroom was really filthy, and that he had noticed dried mouse or rat droppings in some areas.

Massive organ failiure
A couple of days later, he started feeling like he was coming down with stomach flu, achy joints, headache, and he started throwing up. He went to bed and never really got up. Within two days he was ill and weak. His blood sugar count was down to 66 and his face and eyeballs were yellow. He was rushed to the emergency, where they said he was suffering from massive organ failure!

They said that even if by some miracle he pulled through, he would need a new liver, kidneys, pancreas and bladder. He died shortly before midnight.

Virus in Droppings
None of us would have ever made the connection between his job and his death, but the doctors specifically asked if he had been in a warehouse or exposed to dried rat or mouse droppings at any time. They said there is a virus (much like Hanta virus) that lives in dried rat and mouse droppings. Once dried, these droppings are like dust, and can easily be inhaled or ingested if a person is not careful to wash their hands and face thoroughly, or wear protective gear.

A warning
Please be extremely careful to always rinse off the tops of any canned sodas or foods, and wipe off pasta packaging, cereal boxes, etc. Almost everything you buy in a supermarket was stored in a warehouse at one time or another, and stores themselves often have rodents.

Drink with a straw
Whenever you buy any canned soft drink, please make sure that you wash the top with running water and soap, or if not available, drink with a straw. One person was reported to have died after drinking a can of soda! Apparently, she had not cleaned the top before drinking from the can. The top was encrusted with dried rat's urine, which is toxic and obviously lethal!

More on Infolines



 
    Home | CityLife | Lodging | Dining | Explore | ShowTime | Shopping | Business
 
    Contests | Specials | Site Map | Ecards | Subscribe | Contact | Help